Double Din Set Up On Stock System?

Jesus954

So long as you leave the amp your fine. the speakers are a low ohm impedance, and most aftermarket amps are set up for 4 ohm loads. So, if you decide to change the amp, you have to change the speakers, or if you want to change the speakers then you usually need to change the amp as well.

What head unit are you going with?

Well i was thinking on a DUALXDVD8265, i could also get a single din flip out screen pioneer with nav for $600 but thats not a sure thing and its single din it doesnt look good on the IS i think. So as long as the stock amp isnt touched everything will be ok right? the sound wont be any better nor worse than the stock sound right? i will change the speakers n amps eventually but i want the screen for now.

Feel free to recommend me a better double din unit something around $700 or under thats my budget :(

http://brandsmart.com/ProductViewer.aspx?c...id=27459&f=

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/p...9264980,00.html

This is the ultimate unit. It has full touch screen, DVD, Full Sat. Navigation, with voice over directions, Ipod direct interface,( which means you don't need a DVD player or a CD player anymore. I download movies to my ipod and watch them on this, Sirrius, XFM, Bluetooth ready, Rear View camera( rear camera extra), and 2 aux video inputs. Full touch screen EQ, color choices, (I actually have all the lights aorund the controls the same color as the dash lights for the totally stock look and feel.) and display choices. this is the baddest head unit out there today. You can watch movies off your 30 gig ipod while in drive no problem. And if you have a route programmed in, it pauses whatever you listening to or watching and gives you turn by turn voice instructions as well as the map functions. there are other cool features also, but you get the main stuff.

Yes, it's a little more than 7 bills. But you will not regret it one bit, I promise. I know I don't at all. I have pics of this unit in my car on my thread. If you can't afford it now, save and wait. Your soooo close.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/p...9264980,00.html

This is the ultimate unit. It has full touch screen, DVD, Full Sat. Navigation, with voice over directions, Ipod direct interface,( which means you don't need a DVD player or a CD player anymore. I download movies to my ipod and watch them on this, Sirrius, XFM, Bluetooth ready, Rear View camera( rear camera extra), and 2 aux video inputs. Full touch screen EQ, color choices, (I actually have all the lights aorund the controls the same color as the dash lights for the totally stock look and feel.) and display choices. this is the baddest head unit out there today. You can watch movies off your 30 gig ipod while in drive no problem. And if you have a route programmed in, it pauses whatever you listening to or watching and gives you turn by turn voice instructions as well as the map functions. there are other cool features also, but you get the main stuff.

Yes, it's a little more than 7 bills. But you will not regret it one bit, I promise. I know I don't at all. I have pics of this unit in my car on my thread. If you can't afford it now, save and wait. Your soooo close.

Your right only $300 away but my main problem i have is just making sure that if i install after market double din unit i wont have probs with the stock speakers or amp and also wanted to know what are the exact things i need to get like the kit or wires ...etc like a list so i can add everything and see how much is it gona run me to get this.

Hey smooth, I've got a question about the pioneer unit. My IS300 has the flip up navigational system and I was wondering if you think it would be possible to remove the standard system and replace it with this pioneer one. I still want to have the flip up style to it, but the 03 navigational model is just crap. I've even called Lexus about updating it but they said it would be $300. I figured this pioneer unit would be worth it in the end, especially with all the features. Thanks.

Hey smooth, I've got a question about the pioneer unit. My IS300 has the flip up navigational system and I was wondering if you think it would be possible to remove the standard system and replace it with this pioneer one. I still want to have the flip up style to it, but the 03 navigational model is just crap. I've even called Lexus about updating it but they said it would be $300. I figured this pioneer unit would be worth it in the end, especially with all the features. Thanks.

hey jonda, it's funny you should ask that. I just finished helping someone else with that very question, and the answer is yes. You can. there are a couple of ways to go about it. One is to use a a second monitor. I wouldn't use the one that IS 300 has now because it's not touch screen compatable. The Pioneer unit would go down where the radio is. Then the remote monitor would go where the flip up nav is. ( By the way, this is a really cool set up) The Pioneer has a/v outputs on it. So when you flip up the nav screen you can turn it on and use that for nav and use the video screen on the unit to watch a DVD on at the same time. Dude, this is soooo awsome. I have the flip up storage compartment on my dash. I am right now looking for a monitor that will fit in there and get that hooked up. Unfortunatley all my cah flow is being directed to getting my turbo right now, so I was going to wait and do it later. But the answer is a definate yes.

One is to use a a second monitor. I wouldn't use the one that IS 300 has now because it's not touch screen compatable. The Pioneer unit would go down where the radio is. Then the remote monitor would go where the flip up nav is. ( By the way, this is a really cool set up) The Pioneer has a/v outputs on it. So when you flip up the nav screen you can turn it on and use that for nav and use the video screen on the unit to watch a DVD on at the same time. Dude, this is soooo awsome.

This set up does sound nice. Thanks!