Overheating Problem

Hi. My 94 GS300 engine overheats only once in a while (once or twice a month at most).

When this happens I stop shut off the car, let it stand for a while (30+ minutes) and then, drive again normal.

When it overheats, the rediator reservoir is full to the cap and it boils or bubbles forcefully.

Because this is so sporadic, I ignore to fix this problem but just keep close eye on engine temperture when driving.

Is this head gasket problem?

I once tried to drive very conservatively when this overheating was happening and I was able to drive 10 more miles in this situation.

I did change the thermostat couple months ago.

Did anyone have similar problem like this?

Any help and insight is appreciated.

yeap.. I had a peice of ...... buick. It would ONLY overheat on cold rainy days (less than 60f) It was a head gasket.. what a load of crap. I hated it. I actually just eventually just drove it over heating. Said F it. It got worse and worse so I took the heads off resurfaced and new gaskets and it ran great.

Hi. My 94 GS300 engine overheats only once in a while (once or twice a month at most).

When this happens I stop shut off the car, let it stand for a while (30+ minutes) and then, drive again normal.

When it overheats, the rediator reservoir is full to the cap and it boils or bubbles forcefully.

Because this is so sporadic, I ignore to fix this problem but just keep close eye on engine temperture when driving.

Is this head gasket problem?

I once tried to drive very conservatively when this overheating was happening and I was able to drive 10 more miles in this situation.

I did change the thermostat couple months ago.

Did anyone have similar problem like this?

Any help and insight is appreciated.

Sporatic thermostat?

You might have a bad radiator cap. If the cap isn't holding say 13 psi, it may be letting the fluid boil which would fill the reservior up. In any case, it's a $10 part and a really easy first step in determining the problem.