Gas Mileage

SAW_LexusIS300

Just went from a 99 Maxima to a 2005 Lexus IS300.

Also just went from about 22mpg with Maxima to 17mpg with Lexus (both instances city and highway driving). I didn't expect this and realize that the Lexus IS300 is posted supposed to get approx 18 in city and 23 on highway. Are there any tips/tricks to get better gas mileage? I drive pretty mild most of the time and have added a K&N filter, changed oil, plugs etc.

Any input would be appreciated, new to the forum.

Thanks,

SAW

Also just went from about 22mpg with Maxima to 17mpg with Lexus (both instances city and highway driving). I didn't expect this and realize that the Lexus IS300 is posted supposed to get approx 18 in city and 23 on highway. Are there any tips/tricks to get better gas mileage? I drive pretty mild most of the time and have added a K&N filter, changed oil, plugs etc.

Thanks,

SAW

yea that seems wrong, i consistently get 22-23 mpg and i drive like a psychopath <_<

Thanks,

SAW

Reset your ECU by disconnecting the negative (black) battery terminal for 10 minutes. Then start up the car and drive normall for one tank of gas. Check the mileage on your second tank. Resetting should put your ECU to default (new car) settings and then it can learn quickly your driving habits. The default should give the best mileage and emissions settings.