Alarm

AARON123

never heard my alarm until I tested it after seeing this post.

Looks like you are out of luck--I could not get mine to work without setting with the remote--the inside lock won't set it and the key in the door won't set it.

But tks--I heard mine for the FIRST time--

My wife said I was wrong--and would you believe it: I was !!! :blushing:

You can't set the alarm with the armrest lock while you have the door shut---but you can do it when the door is opened--just sit in the car, open the door, set the armrest lock, shut door, wait until the lite blinks[30 sec] , then open the door----it does go off !!! :blushing:

Guess you would have to get out and unlock the door with the key to shut it off--or maybe insert in ign and turn to acc--didn't check that-used the remote.

Of course all this assumes you have the alarm installed !! If so, you should always lock the car with the armrest lock.

Advise what you find out to complete the thread. :P

the built in alarm is no good anyway. so if you want to install some nice alarm to protect your investment you should get one like they have here at www.compustart.org. best alarm ever. cant live without it now:)

I checked the original window sticker and the alarm was standard in 1990. The keyless entry was optional at $250 and is one of only three options I bought - the others were the $900 sunroof and floor mats. One of the main reasons that I bought the car in the first place was that it has cloth seats - and of course it was an absolute bargain -- was cheaper than a 1990 baby Mercedes 190E 2.6. And the alarm still works fine after 13+ years.