Big Changes For The 2008 Es350

amf1932

For 2008 the Lexus ES 350 receives restyled outside rear-view mirrors for a sleeker look. Inside, the ES adds two rear personal lamps for added passenger convenience.

The ES 350 will carry a base MSRP of $33,720, an increase of $250, or 0.7 percent.

I just reserved a 2008 ES350 which will be due to arrive at the 5th of september or before if im lucky.

It has a panoramic sunroof in addition to the other features BUT i am not sure wether they changed the sideview mirrors or interior life, true that there has been word of this on yahoo but is it true?

Surely if it is true my 2008 should have it but the guy in the dealership mentioned nothing about it!

I just reserved a 2008 ES350 which will be due to arrive at the 5th of september or before if im lucky.

It has a panoramic sunroof in addition to the other features BUT i am not sure wether they changed the sideview mirrors or interior life, true that there has been word of this on yahoo but is it true?

Surely if it is true my 2008 should have it but the guy in the dealership mentioned nothing about it!

Most likely the rear reading lamps are true as the 2008 Avalon had them added this year as well. They were nicely located on the ceiling in between the two rear seats. Too bad the exterior of that car took a hit IMO.

When they say " added rear personal lamps" do they mean adding to already existing rear lamps on the rear center and over the left and right doors? cause the ES we have here in the dealer already has 2 rear LED lamps in the centre controlled by the front and 2 LED lamps on both the rear doors controlled manually by the passenger.

New sideview mirrors? Thats surprising I wonder why. I wonder if its to address some of the noise complaints?

I'd be interested in seeing the new mirrors. That's the one bit of styling I don't care for on our ES, the mirrors are pretty boxy (although very practical) and don't really fit the rest of the car IMO.

New sideview mirrors? Thats surprising I wonder why. I wonder if its to address some of the noise complaints?

I'd be interested in seeing the new mirrors. That's the one bit of styling I don't care for on our ES, the mirrors are pretty boxy (although very practical) and don't really fit the rest of the car IMO.

I AGREEE ... THE CURRENT MODEL (2007) HAS UGLY MIRRORS THAT STAND OUT & ARE TOO BOXXXXXY, THE REMIND ME OF THE FORD EXPEDITION MIRRORS....

When they say " added rear personal lamps" do they mean adding to already existing rear lamps on the rear center and over the left and right doors? cause the ES we have here in the dealer already has 2 rear LED lamps in the centre controlled by the front and 2 LED lamps on both the rear doors controlled manually by the passenger.

Could anyone who possibly has an ES350 confirm what i have stated?

• 7 months later...

The 2008 ES 350 has three pair of LED lights overhead in the rear. A pair in the center and a pair on each side where the coat hooks used to be. Unfortunately in the '08. you have to hang garments on the rear cabin hand grips because the hooks were replaced with lighting.

The 2008 ES 350 has three pair of LED lights overhead in the rear. A pair in the center and a pair on each side where the coat hooks used to be. Unfortunately in the '08. you have to hang garments on the rear cabin hand grips because the hooks were replaced with lighting.

The hand grips make for better hooks!

For a minute there I thought you all were talking about the 09 ES350. I have an 08 ES350 UL and appleton has it accurate. Hey SW03ES and AZ08LexusES, I must be the only one that misses the hooks!!! But, yes, you can use the hand grips....but I still miss my hooks! :cries: (ha ha!)

I love my hooks. :rolleyes:

For a minute there I thought you all were talking about the 09 ES350. I have an 08 ES350 UL and appleton has it accurate. Hey SW03ES and AZ08LexusES, I must be the only one that misses the hooks!!! But, yes, you can use the hand grips....but I still miss my hooks! :cries: (ha ha!)

To be honest, I wish I had the hooks... The lights are nice too, I guess you can't have it all without a major re-design!

Yep, can't have it all with a major redesign...major? ha ha! It is a little disappointing though that Toyota/Lexus doesn't have a better understanding of their customers...plus how much can 2 hooks really cost? Gee, they could put them in the glove compartment and have us put them on!!! Oh well....still like my car though!

Yep, can't have it all with a major redesign...major? ha ha! It is a little disappointing though that Toyota/Lexus doesn't have a better understanding of their customers...plus how much can 2 hooks really cost? Gee, they could put them in the glove compartment and have us put them on!!! Oh well....still like my car though!

I picked up my dry cleaning today...lol. Couldn't help but think of this thread!

Honestly I've never even once used my hooks. I guess the only reason you'd use them would be to hang up a jacket or something without a hangar. For dry cleaning no way they'll stay on that hook, you have to use the handles. For jackets I have the Lexus OEM coat hangar on my headrest from Japan.

I guess if you didn't have that hangar not having the hook would be annoying...

Honestly I've never even once used my hooks. I guess the only reason you'd use them would be to hang up a jacket or something without a hangar. For dry cleaning no way they'll stay on that hook, you have to use the handles. For jackets I have the Lexus OEM coat hangar on my headrest from Japan.

Is that one of those hangers that you hang on one of the headrest posts in the back of the driver's seat?

Is that one of those hangers that you hang on one of the headrest posts in the back of the driver's seat?

got a link on this? i have not heard or seen of this...

Yeah lemme find it.

Lexus Japan makes an OEM hangar part for the GS that works well and looks great on all the cars. I can't seem to find it online. I'll take a picture of mine and post it.