08 Lancer

indiasfinest

it look just like everyother car that is comming out.i like the headlights but the rest of it is wack. they are not making any money off a regular car so they add stupid shi* to attract young no minded teenagers.they are trying to hard to make the next sports car by adding looks but no motor. pointless. a rooling IPOD i hear you brother. thats all i have to say!

usually teens + fast cars isnt a good combination, and what can u expect from a 16k car? they have an evo for that, also, IMO, a touch screen NAV, 650 W sound system, and a 6 GB hard drive just rip cds on, is not stupid *BLEEP*, if it was, we would all just buy a stock lexus with no options,

Dude, you need to look at the Pioneer Avic-A3. Touch screen nav. DVD player, Xfm, Sirrus, HD radio, 3 AV inputs, and this is even better, IPOD direct with video. So I have 30 gigs of stored music, and can watch movies from my ipod. And with the 80 gig Ipod I have even more space. So you don't even need a CD player, or DVD player anymore. And for 200 bucks more I can add a TV tuner and watch the news on my way to work! Everything works right off the touchscreen. The ipod sits in the glove box. It also controls the subwoofer, has a 16 band touch screen EQ, with phase control, and has DSP settings including Dolby digital 5.1 surround. Not to mention cool toys like on screen gauges, ( Speedometer, lateral G's, slope, directional, and clock) you can pick which 3 you would like. All this for around 900 bucks. plus install.

You can keep the Lancer.

yea but personally, i hate the aftermarket look, im a big fan of keeping things lookig factory, unleses of course its rims or a body kit, but i think it looks ugly when you a screen sitting on your dash or covering what is suppose to be the sound controls, but im not gonna lie these features sound very cool

yea but personally, i hate the aftermarket look, im a big fan of keeping things lookig factory, unleses of course its rims or a body kit, but i think it looks ugly when you a screen sitting on your dash or covering what is suppose to be the sound controls, but im not gonna lie these features sound very cool

I kinda like your taste, keep it original. :cheers:

I was just watching on Comcast ON DEMAND the episode of Pimp My Ride with the brand new 05 4Runner, they put sooo much crap in it, but I do have to admit I LOVE the Nav/Computer system they installed in the center dash, installed in a clean and almost original way, except the fact that they changed the silver trim on the dash to green... :wacko:

Here's my set up :

post-42851-1184694523_thumb.jpg post-42851-1184694558_thumb.jpg post-42851-1184694566_thumb.jpg post-42851-1184694506_thumb.jpg post-42851-1184694584_thumb.jpg post-42851-1184694647_thumb.jpg

Everything is touch screen. If your listening to any audio or watching any video, while nav has a route programmed, it will automatically pause that function to voice direct you along the route.

And everything looks as stock as stock can be in my opinion. B)

Behind all the stock grills I have Polk Momo compititions, 2 Alpine amps mounted on the back seat in the trunk with full amp covers, and a 10" JL Audio sub that thumps! And no one is the wiser till they hear it.

post-42851-1184694537_thumb.jpg

smooth1, I like your setup! Clean and stock looking!

Yea india, they put a lot of crap into the cars. I mean come on, it was a BRAND NEW 4Runner, and they did all that! It had a nice ivory leather, but those idiots changed it to black leather with green inserts.. That's why when the owner sold that 4Runner on ebay, the highest bid was only $12k! Sad sad sad, and it only had about 35k miles when he sold it. The tv under the car, in the spare tire was missing, some functions of the computer system wasnt working.. When West Coast changed the rims, they forgot to put the tire sensors back on so the tire pressure warning light has always been on.... I mean, they practically ruined a nice brand new 4Runner!

but nevertheless, that's why I try to stay stock as much as possible even though I want to change up my car a bit. Like I installed the DRLs, homelink console they're "not from factory" technically but they could have been and they're the nice little stuffs that I wanted so I installed them. My next project, if I decide to go on with it, is buy some blue LED bulbs for the plate lights like in the IS250/350s now, yes it's kinda obvious it's not stock but they look nice, are bright, and could pass to be stock... :whistles:

yea that looks pretty stock nice clean set up, when you said after market, i got a picture in my mind of a folding screen coming out of the console in some supra :) lol,

@ Den, im surprised they took that new of a car onto the show, most of em are reallty old, like 100k miles and 10 year olds,

PS:

just call me jay ;)

yea that looks pretty stock nice clean set up, when you said after market, i got a picture in my mind of a folding screen coming out of the console in some supra :) lol,

@ Den, im surprised they took that new of a car onto the show, most of em are reallty old, like 100k miles and 10 year olds,

PS:

just call me jay ;)

Ok Jay. :rolleyes:

Yea they decided, cuz the guy was going into college to become a mechanic, to let HIM repair his old 1963 Ford Fairlane that totally needs a lot of repairs, so Xzibit got him a brand new 2005 4Runner. But I do remember, wasnt there an episode that they got the client a brand new XB??

smooth1, are your LED bulbs the single bulbs, or the 4 bulb ones?? Because it does make a difference and the guy with the red 4Runner (if you guys have seen my 4runner photoshoot pix) has the 4 LED 194 bulb for his plate lights... looks really nice and clean at night! I actually saw an 06 Sienna CE that had the 4 LED bulb lights and I was just droooooooling over them... :chairshot: :chairshot: The single LED bulbs look nice, but I heard that they aren't as bright as the 4 bulb ones (obviously) but honestly I don't know how much of a difference they make... Cuz I know there are options for 1 bulb, 4 bulbs, 6 bulbs, and even 12 bulbs I think! :wacko:

Thanks guys. I am also a fan of the " Not overly modified" look, while trying to stay stock. But you have to be real world also.

And Pimp my Ride is stupid!!! But that's TV. They have to to go the extreme with everything now.

Ok guys, I've started and moved the LED posts to a separate post in the "Lexus Modifications Forum" so go look for it there. Sorry Jay for hijacking your thread! Now we can get back to the original topic of this thread. ;)

Hey you never know! I mean come on, my ridiculous prom thread is up to 9 pages now... But I never expected the thread that Rya made got up to 4 pages! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

So you never really know if this topic could expand even more than what you expect. ;)

So, let me get this straight, and for the record,,,

Lancer is POS with a descent iPod on the dash?

Lancer Evo is okay in the performance end, but the interior still lacks, and the body still falls apart. Besides, I only ever see kids driving that car. My neighbor down the street bought a 2005 WRX, put stiffer springs, bigger turbo, nicer wheels, and performance tuned it. Man that car was fast....So he put it up for sale ( why?, he said the wife hated riding in it!! LOL!) Anyway, he was asking $24,000.00 for it. Then 6 months later he dropped it to $20,000.00 Still couldn't sell it. So he took all the performance stuff off and now drives it because he has to.

What that has to do with the Lancer I have no idea, just seemed like a good story for this thread. LOL.