Is350 - Buyer Beware

Dear All:

For the past month I've exhausted my patience with Lexus in attempt to right the wrong they've saddled me with.

The bottom line is the engine in my new Lexus IS 350 was fried in an unfortunate and unavoidable collision with an animal. This happened on June 3rd of this year. Since then Lexus has identified that my engine is fried and the car won't, can't drive... Beyond that, well, they haven't done much.

Simply put it has taken them 30+ days to give me the run around, avoid me, not fix my car, not initiate the rebuild or replacement of a new engine for me and heaven forbid provide me with a loaner. All the while I continue to make my car and insurance payments for a car I'm not driving.

It's now been over a month since I last drove my car, unfortunately with no apparent end in sight.

Funny thing is, as I understand it, this how they treat guests in their home... or so says their covenant.

http://www.lexus.com/about/corporate/lexus_covenant.html

I've detailed my experiences here:

http://dontbuyalexus.blogspot.com/

I am not trying to post negative propaganda, just the facts in hopes of informing my fellow consumers.

Had I known I'd have to endure this I would have never purchased from Lexus.

Dear All:

For the past month I've exhausted my patience with Lexus in attempt to right the wrong they've saddled me with...

...Had I known I'd have to endure this I would have never purchased from Lexus.

First of all, you don't have a problem with "Lexus". You have a problem with a dealership that may have problems dealing with problems. Also why would Lexus be liable for a new engine...shouldn't the insurance company be held liable??

Also, when it does get straight you will remember that your car is the best-driving vehicle on the planet for the money. Sorry for your unfortunate luck, but it will be okay in the end. Until then, try to smile and drive safe.

First after reading you blog, your insurance company sucks....Two Lexus sucks, I was told over the last nine years of owning my Lexus the reason the parts were so expensive was to support the customer, even if it meant expediating the delivery of parts. Sad that Lexus could not at least rebuild the darn engine and give you the full warranty on the vehicle. They cant put two and two together to provide the necessary customer satisfaction. Dont feel alone though, Seems none of the Auto manufacturors are providing We Americans with satisfaction. Some poor Ford guy on one of my other sites, waited for over 30 days with a blown engine on a car with less than 500 miles on it. Lexus may be a great auto, but the meatheads at these dealerships are not Japanese and dont adhere to the same standards as what they demand of the engineering and building of the vehicle. File a complaint with your state insurance commissioner and also with any state automotive bureau agencies. The better business bureau is useless as it is funded by the businesses that they serve. Remember, too that customer satisfaction is great, but one bad complaining customer will remove a lot of business when that customer is not treated well. Good luck,

This is in the wrong forum. Moving to IS350 forum.

Why exactly did the engine fail to the point of needing replacement? Did the animal block the radiator causing an overheat condition, or what? You say that all the warning lights came on, yet you continued to drive the car. The prudent thing to do would be to pull over, call AAA or whoever and have the car towed to a service facility. It appears to me that you bear more responsibilty for this engine failure than you would like us to believe.

Unfortunately, I don't see how Lexus has ANY liability in this. You purchased their car, and it was working (presumably at least) right up until the point of the collision with the raccoon. So Lexus didn't make you hit the raccoon...so maybe its an insurance coverage issue.

But I doubt that's the case, either. Although I don't have progressive I'm sure they disclosed the 30 day rental car limitation in the big stack of documents they send (and nobody really reads). Progressive probably even has an option to extend the rental car coverage, if you pay for it.

It seems to me that Progressive is holding their end of the contract by replacing the engine. They have no power to expedite a product from another company. The problem with Lexus is that they don't have Raccoon Avoidance Systems.

Definitely bad luck no matter how you cut it. Sorry to hear about it. We should all take this lesson to review our insurance coverages (and not just for auto)!

i have to add myself to the bandwagon on this one. I dont think lexus is liable for anything cause it would just be like any other accident. Did you ask them what is taking them so long for them to get an engine? perhaps its your insurance company that needs to send out an evaluator/someone who can approve the replacement.

Loaner cars are usually given out during services and when there is something wrong with the car that is their fault. Since your not paying lexux of lobock or w/e its called directly, they dont need to give you !Removed!.