Curb Rash On Is 250 Stock Rims

I got a little too close to a curb the other day and put a scrape in my right front rim, about 2 inches long and a quarter inch wide. Even though it's not very noticeable, I figured I'd try to make it look a little better. I used some extra fine sandpaper on the scrape, and thought I would just put a little clear coat on the repair when I was done. However, the rim is not bare metal - it's painted with a light gray/silver paint - and I sanded through the paint to remove the scrape. So now I have no scrape, but I have a 2" area which is sanded down to bare metal. It's not very wide, so it's still not too obvious, but it probably looks a little worse than when I started. Any suggestions on how to get that area looking better, or am I better off cutting my losses (considering that's probably not the only curb rash I'll get during the car's life)? All I really need to do the repair reasonably well is a little paint to cover the repair area - does Lexus sell that particular color in a small touch-up sized bottle? Thanks for any help/suggestions...

• 6 months later...

I got a little too close to a curb the other day and put a scrape in my right front rim, about 2 inches long and a quarter inch wide. Even though it's not very noticeable, I figured I'd try to make it look a little better. I used some extra fine sandpaper on the scrape, and thought I would just put a little clear coat on the repair when I was done. However, the rim is not bare metal - it's painted with a light gray/silver paint - and I sanded through the paint to remove the scrape. So now I have no scrape, but I have a 2" area which is sanded down to bare metal. It's not very wide, so it's still not too obvious, but it probably looks a little worse than when I started. Any suggestions on how to get that area looking better, or am I better off cutting my losses (considering that's probably not the only curb rash I'll get during the car's life)? All I really need to do the repair reasonably well is a little paint to cover the repair area - does Lexus sell that particular color in a small touch-up sized bottle? Thanks for any help/suggestions...

This is a pretty good write up...

http://bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/wheel-repai...cuff-repair.htm

The two right rims on our IS had some curb rash. Just got them back from a local shop that specializes in wheel repair. It was kind of spendy...$150/wheel, but they did a great job. Unless you get real close, you can't tell at all they were damaged.

Just hate looking at that curb rash on a pretty IS.