Apply Zaino Z2 With A Pc?

Anyone ever try to apply Zaino Z2 with a PC? Zaino recommends a hand application with terry applicator. I just bought a 7424 and after I prep the surface , I want to use Z2 as I have been pleased with the longevity of it. Any advice?

You can, but one of the benefits of Zaino (one of not very many) is that you can use very small amounts making the process cheaper. Its very easy to apply by hand, and you'll waste a LOT of product with the PC.

Using the PC will make no difference in the appearance of an LSP.

You can, but one of the benefits of Zaino (one of not very many) is that you can use very small amounts making the process cheaper. Its very easy to apply by hand, and you'll waste a LOT of product with the PC.

Using the PC will make no difference in the appearance of an LSP.

Many thanks for your advice on this topic. I have used Zaino for almost 5 years and you are absolutely correct about the fact that a small amount is used and it is easy to apply. You have confirmed my own thoughts about this subject. One other question, what is an LSP?

What is your opinion of the Zaino line SW03ES? I have read a couple of post where you don't seem to think much of it. I browse autopia a lot and the worst I've read is that people find the products expensive. I was thinking of trying the Z-5 and ZFX in the future? Just curious. Thanks.

Its okay. What I mainly don't like about it is the cult like following that it has. You go on some of these forums and if you're not using Zaino or say something against Zaino you're committing heracy!

The main drawbacks of Zaino are that you can't use it over a rich polish which makes it hard to hide defects, and it has a tendency to make darker paints look plasticky and rob them of their depth. Its also overly complicated to use, moreso than it really needs to be requiring you to dawn wash, not use anything with oils, mix stuff up like a chemist. The reason they make it that complicated is to scare you away from using products from other lines and mixing them with Zaino, I also don't care for that way of doing business. If I had a silver car I probably would use Zaino, but on my car its carnuaba all the way.

Thanks for the reply. I have never read a post about Zaino like that before. People usually swear by it and use it exclusively or say they have used it before but no longer do. I have really learned a lot from you and this forum. Thank you.

Poke around Autopia, plenty of people feel like I do.

No problem!

Although I continue to use Zaino, Steve is absolutely correct in his assessment of Zaino products. My wife's Luminous Gold Nissan Murano and my previous vehicle, a Liquid Silver SE-R looked fabulous using Z-2. My Matador Mica Red 2006 IS looks great, but the color has lost some of its depth. The process is a pain as I have to add the ZFX curing additive and then make sure I use up the mixture within the 24hrs. time period. Using the Z-5 to remove swirls and spider-webbing was a disappointment ( I went back to Meguiar's No. 9 ). As I said when I started this thread, Zaino still only recommends using terrycloth to apply and remove its products. This is truly old school thinking as good quality microfiber is superior in almost every way to terry.

Why do I still use Zaino? Simple, it outlasts any product I have ever seen or used. My wife's Murano beaded water a full SEVEN months after proper surface prep ( the most important part of the process) and three coats of Z-2. We live in NW Ohio and I have virtually no time to spend on the cars once football season begins in August ( I'm a HS coach). I'm willing to sacrifice a liitle appearance for superior protection over the winter months. If I lived in a warmer climate where I could more easily care for the cars, I would not use the Zaino on the IS.