How Ventilated Is Ventilated?

How much cool air can I expect to come out of my ventilated seats? We've had a few warm days and the black leather heats up pretty good when the car is parked. Even with the dial set all the way up to 3, I've got to say that I really don't feel a lot of ventilation. It seems to take a good 10-15 minutes before I can even start to feel the seats cooling down if the leather is hot. If the leather is cool (like in the morning) and I have the ventilation turned on I can feel the seats cooling within a few minutes. Is this normal? And does the ventilation extend to the seat back as well?

ah, many people have expressed this concern. However, it is completely normal. Its more like an aid to sweating backs and bottoms. Think about how hard it is to push air into the butt of someone over 100+ pounds, the pressure would have to be pretty great. But in an attempt to save gas and to keep the seat functioning longer, it has to be a small amount of pressure. When you have a really really hot day when you back typically will sweat, you wont sweat as much if you turn it on.

i dont think its so much back as it is bottom. I think its lower back and bottom, but mostly bottom. however, you only sweat if your body is warm, so if the AC is on and the vent. seats are on, you should be pretty comfy and no sweat will then occur.

Even with my A/C on, I find myself leaning forward once in a while to get a little cool air on my back.

The one thing I wished I could have in my car right now is the vented seats.

They won't drop your core temp by 20 degrees... but they do just what they're supposed to do.

They keep your back (and boys) from sweating on hot summer days.

I was quite happy with how they performed on my multiple IS test drives.

I wish my G had them.

This might be obvious but.... The seat warmer function actually has a heating element whereas the cooling function just pumps in air from under the seat. If the floor is cool you will notice the ventilating function more.

I actually think the cooling function would be better if it pulled the air down from the driver instead of pushing it up but that would have made for a more complicated fan system. Its purpose is just to prevent people from getting swamp-!Removed!. I have a beaded seat cover on my motorcycle that works like a charm. Wouldn’t dare think of putting a seat-cover in the IS but it might make sense for a long summer road trip.

• 2 weeks later...

If you set the A/C to bi-level and blow some of the air conditioned air through the front floor vents the air is drawn up through the fans in the ventilated seats. This helps to send cool air through the bottom and back seat surfaces. Otherwise you are blowing warm air from the floor through the ventilated seats. Hope this helps.

If you set the A/C to bi-level and blow some of the air conditioned air through the front floor vents the air is drawn up through the fans in the ventilated seats. This helps to send cool air through the bottom and back seat surfaces. Otherwise you are blowing warm air from the floor through the ventilated seats. Hope this helps.

This was GREAT advice. I tried that this morning, it worked like a charm.

Definitely an improvement. However, the ventilated seats seem to work better in the morning when I get into a relatively cool cart to go to work. In the afternoon, the black leather seats are already scorching hot from sitting out in the sun all day. The ventilation really doesn't do much good, since I only have a 10 minute commute home. Probably would work better on a longer trip...