Best Car Wax For The 400h?

Hi all,

I usually get my cars detailed but decided I'd like to do the wash/wax myself for our new 400h. In the past I've used Mothers but realize there are probably some better products out there. Also, I've never used a buffing wheel. Should I do that on a relatively new(9/06) paint job or just hand wax/buff? Any advice would be appreciated. I just got my copy of Griots Gararge and the options are overwhelming.

Thanks!

First of all don't use wax. I have used a lot of different stuff on my cars but I haven't had the time to take the time to give the Lexus the time and attention it deserves. I have used this stuff and I couldn't believe the results. I used this stuff on my Corvette and when I was done I put a clean towel on the hood of the Vette. The finish was so smooth and slick that the towel slid off. Also keep this in mind if you have wax on the car remove it because you won't get a good result unless you remove all the wax. The next step is to give the car a clay bar treatment, the use this stuff,

this is without a doubt the best stuff you can buy

I fixed the link

I haven't visited the site n a long time so this picture is new to me, I was totally blown away by this picture

Copy and paste the URL

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos...e%20Gammill.jpg

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely give it a try. I have the Neptune Blue color which is beautiful but really demands to be kept clean and shined. Do you have any preferences for the leather and dash inside? Thanks!

They make leather care products that work well, Scrool down the page on the link and you will come to the leather products

I haven't visited the site n a long time so this picture is new to me, I was totally blown away by this picture

Copy and paste the URL

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos...e%20Gammill.jpg

I've tried many, many polishes, waxes, combos, etc. and I cannot say enough about ReJex. It was originally created for the military, but boy, am I glad it is sold to us common folks. The stuff I used before this was Zaino and here's how they compare:

Life: About the same - both last more than two months.

Ease of use: ReJex gets the nod here; With Zaino, a base "primer" is required the first time you use it. This is not required when using ReJex. Another advantage that Rejex has over Zaino is that you can see where you've applied ReJex, yet it won't leave yellow or white remnants in gaps. Zaino is invisible, making it likely that you either apply too much or not enough.

Non-sticktoedness (yes, I just made that up): ReJex: ReJex's claim to fame is its uncanny ability to act like Teflon - NOTHING sticks. Often, I simply hose down my car and everything (bug splatters, bird droppings, etc) just glide off with the water - incredible.

Here's something else that I find amazing: If my car is caught in a sudden downpour and then sits for a while with many large drops on it, all I need to do is drive on the highway - all the water flies off - no water marks - nothing. When I get home, the car looks like it had never seen rain.

Smell: I have to give that to Zaino; it smells sweet.

Of course, I still use and highly recommend Zaino leather-in-a-bottle. It smells exactly like leather and does a great job of preserving fine leather. Use it for wallets and purses as well!

But for car protectant - ReJex is my hero! Link: http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/product_rejex.htm

Dave

Rey Bustos, happy Lexus 400h owner with his 2 cents......Color, where you live,garage,no garage,etc. should all be mentioned in suggesting cleaners/waxes.....OK, here's my story.....I love keeping my cars clean,always have, but I am a little lazy about the toil of some of the processes that some people go through when cleaning their car(s). I have my handy,dandy dusting brush,microfiber wash cloths that come in a resealable pouch (they're like big WetNaps) and Mother's detail spray. I do have Zaino something or other but haven't use it in a while. Yesterday I put on for the first time Turtle Wax's ICE polish and it was fantastic. I was able to go over the rubber/plastic trim and clean that as well which I couldn't do before with waxes,etc. The pillar posts which are suseptable to minute scratches were sparkly and the car is slick and smooth and it took very little time. It went on clear and clean and came off easily and shiny. Of course my car is only a year and a half old, the color is SAVANNAH,light,champagne-like, much easier to keep looking clean than Flint Mica or Black, and it's almost always garaged even at work. I also live in Southern California so the weather is perfect.... so all this should be taken into account. I am now very curious about ReJex,mentioned above. It sounds great and I want to get some. Thanks for all of the info Lexers.

i am a big fan of the Meguiars NXT tech wax. The shine is deep and intense, there is no powdery residue and you can apply it to the whole vehicle first instead of section by section. it covers scratches well, and is easy to apply and remove, even by hand. its available at most auto parts stores.

regarding leather it is important to vaccum it first to get the sand out of the crevices. also, alot of soil collects on the leather over time so removing that with a mixture of woolite and water first will leave the leather perfectly clean for your dressing. woolite fine fabric cleaner is safe for leather. i use a soft bath towel to apply the cleaner with out over wetting the leather. lastly finish with a dressing, like lexol or the meguiars leather product. the finished result will be clean and supple.

Check out the detailing forum here on the LOC, and also www.autopia.org. TONS of info here. There is no one product that will be a silver bullet, proper detailing comes from good process, the products are almost not even important.

I personally don't like sealants unless the car is a very light metallic color, white, or silver. So, I'm not a fan of products like Zaino. But thats me.