Driving In The Snow

stateman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+1 on Blizzaks or other dedicated winter tires.

I switched back to all-seasons about a month and a half ago, after one of the more challenging winters we've had in a long time in Iowa.

I'm in the car a great deal for work (I'm a Realtor); this winter I had listings scattered across five or six counties at the same time, many of them in rural areas. I didn't have any issues getting around with snows on, even in deep snows and drifty conditions. The early LSes with traction control do pretty well in the slick stuff, so long as one gets on the gas just enough to have the TCS step in. Now... without snows, an LS is more like a "BMW": Barely Moves in Winter. ^_^

Paul

I have an old 1995 LS 400 (270,000 miles!!), and it is OK in snow with my Michelin Alpin snow tires on.

We had a pretty tough winter too this year here in central CT, with several very major storms and a bunch of small ones too, yet I only had one day last winter that I was really worried about not getting home from my office...

What I am wondering is whether the LS 460 RWD version, is any better or worse in snow with snow tires, than the LS 400?

I am tempted to buy a really nice LS 460 sedan now, and I donjt know how it handles in snow as compared to the LS 400 I drive now...Thx for your reply!