Is350 Options

Hello All. I find the list of option "packages" for the IS350 to be confusing.

what i'm looking for is an IS350, with nav and the mark levinson sound system... with the other usual options...sunroof, XM, blah blah blah in sapphire pearl. X package would be considered.... even tho i know the ride would suffer a little... mainly because i like the rims.

maybe it's just my perception, but i find most of the lexus sales people (especially in seattle) extremely IGNORANT about the way the car can be optioned...for example, Lexus of Fife told me that no way no how could XM be added to the car without buying an external "box" and installing it myself.

reminds me of buying my rolex... i knew more about the darn watch than the salesman did.... which is disturbing.

also - based on the average age of a lexus buyer... (guessing about 45)... their website must be frustrating as hell for older folks... (i'm only 35)

doug

what i'm looking for is an IS350, with nav and the mark levinson sound system... with the other usual options...sunroof, XM, blah blah blah in sapphire pearl. X package would be considered.... even tho i know the ride would suffer a little... mainly because i like the rims.

maybe it's just my perception, but i find most of the lexus sales people (especially in seattle) extremely IGNORANT about the way the car can be optioned...for example, Lexus of Fife told me that no way no how could XM be added to the car without buying an external "box" and installing it myself.

reminds me of buying my rolex... i knew more about the darn watch than the salesman did.... which is disturbing.

also - based on the average age of a lexus buyer... (guessing about 45)... their website must be frustrating as hell for older folks... (i'm only 35)

doug

XM Radio is listed as an accessory. Here's a link: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/accessories...io_details.html, so your dealer should be able to add it for you. List price=$486. The XM radio kit is available through Sewell Lexus for $299, so if you know someone who can help you install it, then it would be less expensive.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp?...ubCategoryID=99

The moonroof comes standard. In regards to X-package, NAV, ML Audio, or NAV/ML Audio combo - these are all factory installed and simply cannot be added by the dealer. So if you want these, you just have to find a car with both. otherwise you have to order the vehicle and it will take 3-4 months.

doug

The average age of IS buyers is considerably lower than that of the average Lexus buyer. That would seem to be the general aim of producing a sporty/luxury car.

Most of the info you're looking for is already here in the forums if you're not too old to use the search feature. The "build your own" on the Lexus website is usually up to date and availbable options vary from region to region.

Yupp i built mine on the lexus website first, so i pretty much knew what i wanted. I printed the pages out and went to the dealer and told them what i was looking for. i got lucky that they just took me to the exact car that i was looking for, the color was what i wanted and the features were what i wanted.

BTW im only 23 and i have a IS350, and my friend is 22 and he has a IS250, i think the general age of IS owners are way lower then the other Lexus models.

On and IS350 to get to get the ML you have to get the NAV and it has to be on a car with a Luxury package. The XM Sat radio comes with it, and is complimentary for 3 months. Just picked up the exact car last week. I had a very hard time finding a IS350 with the ML in it as it is the top of the line IS with a sticker north of $45K.

The website is useless, even the dealers will tell you that.

Anyway, best of luck!