Best Mod For $120

04Ultra

I just installed the rear sway bar from the 01-04 sports suspension package into my 04 ultra. It took 20 minutes and cost less than 90 plus 2 bushings $10 a piece. Makes a huge difference. Car corners much flatter, without sacrifice in ride quality. Moeny well spent.

Just wondering if anyone had tried this.

• 2 months later...

I just installed the rear sway bar from the 01-04 sports suspension package into my 04 ultra. It took 20 minutes and cost less than 90 plus 2 bushings $10 a piece. Makes a huge difference. Car corners much flatter, without sacrifice in ride quality. Moeny well spent.

Interesting, what's the part number on the sway bar???

From some earlier chain (I've not done this, but I am thinking about it):

According to Darrel at lexus-parts.com, Sport Suspension for the 2005 LS has the following parts:

48812-50130 rear stabilizer bar

48818-50020 rear stabilizer bushing

With a Vernier caliper, measured the stock bar at 13mm and the Sport bar at 14mm.

• 4 weeks later...

According to Darrel at lexus-parts.com, Sport Suspension for the 2005 LS has the following parts:

With a Vernier caliper, measured the stock bar at 13mm and the Sport bar at 14mm.

Do you know if the same part numbers apply to '04's?

Do you know if the same part numbers apply to '04's?

The parts apply to 2004's. I was really surprised at how much more stable the car rides in turns. Although the sway bar is not that much thicker, it is enough to flatten the understeer enough to feel more planted. I have 17 oem rims. I had previously changed the tires from 225/55/17 to 245/50/17. They are a weird size but they look better and handle much better than the 225's. They are as wides as the 225/45/18's without the harscher ride since the sidewall is the same height. Tire rack had the michelins V rated pilots on sale for $150, reg 240,. I have 18's rims at home, but have not swithched because I want a more comfortable ride without the "floatiness" of the thinner 225's'.

• 6 months later...

I also have a 04 ultra 18" with air-suspension. I have quite a bit understeer. Are you saying this mod will improve my situation?