Oxygen Sensor Removal?

I have been searching all morning on how to remove the plug portion of the oxygen sensor from our 2000 ES300. Seems like people have had similiar problems with other Lexus models, but there is little followup on how the problem was actually solved and there seems to be no mention of it for this model. Supposedly removal is easy? My husband is under the car and there are wires that lead into a small hole and he says he sees carpet, so he assuming that he might have to take up the carpeting to access it?

I was just hoping *someone* has done this before and could help explain what they did and how they found it? Husband is great at working on cars. He has a Mazda Miata that he has done everything for, including replacing the whole engine, so he is no dummy. However, aside from oil changes and such, this is the first somewhat major problem we have had with this car in the two years we have owned it.

If we solve the problem, I will followup so when someone else searches, they will be able to glean the knowledge we have learned. In the meantime...anyone??

Thank you! :)

The connector is under the carpet which is under the front passenger seat. Its best to remove the seat to get access to the connector. In my '93, there was an open seam where the carpet sort of overlaps each other where a bend occurs near the center transmission tunnel. The connector is in a gap where that bend is (near the back of the emergency brake handle). I had to cut the carpet a bit to reach the connector. Cutting the carpent is no big deal because it can't be seen due to it being under the seat. Its a bit of a pain to reach but not impossible. Hope this helps....

• 1 month later...
The connector is under the carpet which is under the front passenger seat. Its best to remove the seat to get access to the connector. In my '93, there was an open seam where the carpet sort of overlaps each other where a bend occurs near the center transmission tunnel. The connector is in a gap where that bend is (near the back of the emergency brake handle). I had to cut the carpet a bit to reach the connector. Cutting the carpent is no big deal because it can't be seen due to it being under the seat. Its a bit of a pain to reach but not impossible. Hope this helps....

I'm interested to know where to locate this sensor, I have a 2001. I know of one right on the manifold front and one between the firewall and the motor, where is this one that we're talking

about?

• 1 month later...