West Ls460 Shopping Today!

Well, the little woman and I stopped off at the Toyota dealer to throw on some new wiper blades for the Prius and its right next door to my Lexus dealer. They just opened their huge new dealership so we decided to stop in and check it out (fantastic by the way, Lexus of Rockville).

They had several LS460Ls, no LS460s. The sales guy there I've talked to plenty of times says in his experience most people wind up with an LS460 even planning on getting an LS460L after realizing how overkill the rear legroom is. I've sat in several LS460s, but this was the first LS460L. The rear legroom is HUGE! This model had the upgraded power rear seats (not the executive seating pkg) and I could adjust my seat in front exactly how I liked it, get in the back and recline that seat and cross my legs just like I was sitting in the first class cabin of an airplane. Very impressive. Now, the Ls460 has tons of rear room too so I wouldn't spend the extra $10k on the L, but it was a good experience to have. They had 3 LS460Ls, but were still having to special order LS460s for people.

I also saw a silver one with the telios wheels which I had assumed was what I would get but to be honest I don't know about those wheels, at least on the silver. The black chrome finish kind of makes them look perpetually dirty. I found myself being really drawn to the white color, which suprised me. I always loved the LS400 in white but was underwhelmed by it on the 430, but now you can get the 460 in white with a black interior so I might just consider that...

Well, the little woman and I stopped off at the Toyota dealer to throw on some new wiper blades for the Prius and its right next door to my Lexus dealer. They just opened their huge new dealership so we decided to stop in and check it out (fantastic by the way, Lexus of Rockville).

They had several LS460Ls, no LS460s. The sales guy there I've talked to plenty of times says in his experience most people wind up with an LS460 even planning on getting an LS460L after realizing how overkill the rear legroom is. I've sat in several LS460s, but this was the first LS460L. The rear legroom is HUGE! This model had the upgraded power rear seats (not the executive seating pkg) and I could adjust my seat in front exactly how I liked it, get in the back and recline that seat and cross my legs just like I was sitting in the first class cabin of an airplane. Very impressive. Now, the Ls460 has tons of rear room too so I wouldn't spend the extra $10k on the L, but it was a good experience to have. They had 3 LS460Ls, but were still having to special order LS460s for people.

I also saw a silver one with the telios wheels which I had assumed was what I would get but to be honest I don't know about those wheels, at least on the silver. The black chrome finish kind of makes them look perpetually dirty. I found myself being really drawn to the white color, which suprised me. I always loved the LS400 in white but was underwhelmed by it on the 430, but now you can get the 460 in white with a black interior so I might just consider that...

Sw, Swing the bat. You only go around once, And tommorow may never come...... :cheers:

see, i think i want the LS460L but its longer than my minivan, and the van can barely fit in my garage.

the 10K is worth it for the better laminated glass and the power doors. lol. But perhaps seeing a regular LS would also convince me. I agree that the telios wheels arent that great, i would love the standard ones in the graphite fnish color i have on my RX. i dont like the paleness of the regular metal.

i agree, buy the car if you like it. I might just have to trade in my IS and RX for the LS. lol. i think my wife would be mad.

You obviously didn't drive it SW otherwise you would have gone home with one. :cheers:

Yes the rear seat legroom is very good; I would say on par with the S Class if not better. I think the exec seating package is a bit of a boondoggle; using it really reduces the LS to a 3 person car. You do also get some additional goodies like the glass and standard nav (and the power door closers I believe).

My only concern would be that (and I'm surprised to admit this) my LS430 is approaching the limits as to the size of car i would want to drive on an everyday basis. Parallel parking it on the street can be dodgey; even with the park assist system --I guess that's what the advanced parking guidance is for! I'm also too scared to put it in those compact spaces at the mall.

From what I remember the SWB model has a teensy bit less legroom than the LS430; but if you don't usually carry a whole group of people this won't matter (and I'm sure it feels a little snappier in the curves). Did they have any info on what options are coming for '08?

I predict you'll be in one before july 4th..... :)

Oh no, didn't drive it otherwise it would be here right now lol.

I do have to admit, I have them running lease numbers for me now ;) We'll see. I'm in the middle of a real estate investment in Baltimore right now though...so the timing isn't perfect.

Rx, the SWB cars are getting the laminated glass now, and I believe the door closers are also available.

their available...but they arent standard. lol

if you think about it 10K is kinda a deal. You get so much more, i think nav is standard on long? not sure. Anyways, it comes out to like only 2K more for the sheetmetal. power trunk is also standard on long.

No its 10k more than a loaded LS460. The LS460 tops out at about $71k, the LS460 starts at about 80k.

The nav is optional on the 460 in theory, but they don't ship them without nav in reality. An LS460 with nav is the base car available in my region at $67k. Step up to ML you're at $69k, the luxury package with the power rear seats, door closers, auto park, upgraded leather and headliner gets you to $71k. All you're getting for the 10k difference between the 71k 460 and the 81k 460L is the extra 4 inches of legroom, and more rear seat controls. I could see spending that if I hauled customers around on golf trips or something like my father does (the "L" would be great for him), but just showing houses and not being in the car for more than 20 minutes at a time, in all reality I VERY rarely carry customers at all, its not worth it.