Ze New Hotness

Well I took the plunge. After looking at Soarers and Aristos for the past few months I jumped in and bought an extremely clean, lightly modified factory five-speed Soarer. The car just passed a semi-annual inspection that typically runs about $2,000 where the car is essentially taken right down to the nuts and bolts to ensure that it is in prime operating condition with no mechanical flaws. Being 15 years old it's astounding that it has only 77,000km (about 48,000miles).

Mods are pretty short. TRD limited slip diff, massive FMIC, intake, exhaust, coilovers, 19x9" and 19x11" Weds wheels, subtle bodykit, some basic electronics (S-AFC, boost controller, gauges, etc.). But other than that, it's pretty damn stock and clean.

Now I just have to wait six weeks for it to get here. :cries:

soarer1.jpg

soarer2.jpg

soarer3.jpg

In the meantime ... I guess I'll just have to pass the time by finishing the Corolla and drifting the living *BLEEP* out of it. :D

When you say 2 V8 Toyota's you don't mean the Soarer ,right? As it has the 2.5 inline 6 TT motor does it not?

Yes, my Soarer has the 1JZ twin-turbo inline six, but I'm picking up a bone-stock old-lady-driven AE86 here soon that I've planned to stuff a 1UZ into for over a year. My current AE86 has essentially been turned into a full race car over winter and it's not going to make for the best daily driver. Especially not after I put in the full enclosure road-racing seat, hehe.

Some new shots from the exporter. Hopefully the car will be on its way within the next week. I spoke with my insurance company and it won't be an issue getting the insurance going so I can drive it back from Van, so it looks like I'll fly out to pick it up. :D

DSCN5427.jpg

DSCN5428.jpg

Unfortunately one of the front wheels has a bit of curb rash, nothing that can't be fixed though. Yes, you read that right. The fronts have this much dish, the rears are 2" wider.

DSCN5429.jpg

She's a dirty !Removed! under the hood, but she'll get the full treatment when I get her in my garage.

DSCN5442.jpg

The only bit of body damage is some chipped paint around the passenger side taillamp. Hopefully by the time it gets here that's still the only damage.

Hehehe, stretched 265s. This thing is going to cost me a fortune in rubber.

DSCN5435.jpg

BTW when you get your car you should let me check it out.

Well, the unexpected has happened. The *BLEEP* selling the car in Japan has decided to not sell at the winning auction price. Technically I could legally hold him to it, but chances are he would just destroy the car before sending it.

Luckily the one car that I have been drooling over for the past six months finally came up for sale on Yahoo Japan. This car had been on a consignment lot for the longest time and the people there were *BLEEP*s to deal with and wouldn't move on the ridiculous price at all. I won't say how much I got the car for, but suffice it to say that it was just over 1/3 of the price this consignment lot was trying to rape someone for. My broker has already confirmed with the seller that the car will be sold for the price bid, so hopefully it will be on a boat destined for Vancouver within the next week.

Without further adieu, a couple of shots. Sorry to the SC fans, but the Aristo was always my first pick. When the Soarer that started this thread came up it was so clean that I decided to bid.

aristo1.jpg

aristo2.jpg

aristo3.jpg

Oh man, I don't even know what the wheels are yet. All I know is that those are 275s stretched on the back, so I'm guessing 10s in the front and 12s out back. TD-07 25G combined with all the fuel mods and Greddy E-Manage should make quick work of those meats as well. I can't wait to get it here and tune it for our gas! :cheers:

• 1 month later...