Windshield Color

Gunnut

I called a glass company today about replacing the windshield on my 94 LS400. Its not broken, rather just pretty pitted and I'm tired of looking through it like it is. Quoted $210 with them doing the owrk at my office.

I was a bit surprised when they asked for the 'color' of my glass. I'll have to wait for a sunny day to find out.

JimA

On my 98 LS it comes with 2 colors depending on the exterior paint.

I have a green car and it comes with a light green set of glass. The other color was bronze .

4 choices on the 94.

Bronze with bronze shade.

Bronze with gray shade.

Gray with blue shade.

Blue with blue shade.

Being my car is Sandstone Beige, I'd assume it is bronze/bronze. But I'm going to make sure as soon as it gets sunny again.

JimA

Mine is the same way. Pretty hard to see out of when the sun hits it. What did the quote of $210 include, windshield and labor?

That was the total price plus tx. She said there might be some moulding that will be extra but won't know until they order the glass.

If it sounds cheap it is because I am taking advantage of a work relationship.

Why is the glass colored though? Thats pretty cool I have to admit. They replaced the windsheild on our 96 and I dont remeber them asking about the glass but than again they didnt go through me so thats probably why :)

So you're saying that those spots aren't bug guts on the windshield of my black ls? :lol::lol:

So you're saying that those spots aren't bug guts on the windshield of my black ls? :lol::lol:

n:

Uhhh.............What color are the spots?..........

It's definitely spring in the N.W. All the bugs that end up on my windshield sure are "ripe". After getting whacked, driving 40 miles, then parking, the goo still runs down the windshield........

n:

Uhhh.............What color are the spots?..........

It's definitely spring in the N.W. All the bugs that end up on my windshield sure are "ripe". After getting whacked, diving 40 miles, then parking, the goo still runs down the windshield........

Hahaha... yeah, you guys definetly have some monster bugs flying around!