Mice Eating Wires

fjstl

the check engine light came on my 98 LS 400 and after arriving home, it just quit running. I had to have it towed to the dealer for diagnostics and repair and it turned out the mice chewed through the map flow sensor wire where it connects to the unit. Oh, it also ate through the windshield washer hose.

Does anyone know what can be placed on or near the engine compartment that might prevent these critters from attacking the enging, etc.?

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this.

the check engine light came on my 98 LS 400 and after arriving home, it just quit running. I had to have it towed to the dealer for diagnostics and repair and it turned out the mice chewed through the map flow sensor wire where it connects to the unit. Oh, it also ate through the windshield washer hose.

Does anyone know what can be placed on or near the engine compartment that might prevent these critters from attacking the enging, etc.?

Place mouse traps and/or mouse poison around the area where you park the car. Or, Tie up a cat to the car :lol:

fj:

Does anyone know what can be placed on or near the engine compartment that might prevent these critters from attacking the engine, etc.?

Beeman .177 cal single pump pellet pistol, Ruger MKIII (.22 L/R), or Glock 17, depending on mood at time..............Suggest nothing larger than 9mm. Actually, I'm partial to the .177..............plenty of time for belt feds & .44 Mags later..........

Or, if you would prefer to use a spade shovel instead of a sponge to clean up the spoils of your rodent Jihad;

Just One Bite

But please, put the poison inside of a container that a dog, cat, or a child can't get into. Under the hood with this tube would be just the ticket. However, beware that once Mickey or Minnie get to feeling a little sick, they usually don't have the good manners to crawl into the sewer and die. It's more likely that they'll do it up under your dash, or someplace "convenient" like that.