Now I Can Feel A Vibration After All Those Repairs

thewzdoc

I had the trans pulled, rear main repacked, new water pump, new timing belt, new serpentine belt and pulley, hoses and such.

I’ve been driving the car for a couple of weeks and I noticed a vibration not just in the steering wheel but through the shift lever, and floors. I thought it was my imagination but my wife rode in the car a few days ago and made the came comment. What could this be!? :chairshot:

if it is when you are stopped as well then it is not the drive shaft

as it is not moving

might be the balancer

or if there is a loss of power also might be the timing on the belt is off a tooth

the mounts might be suspect also

mine happens during driving and while parked. while im driving i can put the car in neutral and it will go away, also when is start to drive above 80 mph is starts to go away does this mean i should just drive really fast? :lol: but as soon as i get the parts which is fairly soon ill change them

I'll bet the technician forgot to put a bolt on when connecting the transmiisson. My friend had a dodge and it starteed doing the same thing. I pulled the inspection cover (I don't know if Lexus has one) and sure enough, his torque coverter to flywheel bolts were loose and one was missing. Even the dealership techs screw up, they have left several parts off of my car in the past. Apparently, NGAS anymore. That's why so many of us do it ourselves. Some of us just have more nerve than others. I'm not sure I'd try to do the transmission removal. I've done it before on several other cars but now I have less time and more money.

i had this problem, got a really strong vibration on 80 mph which was gone after 80. wheel ba;ancing fixed the problem. try to rew the engine in park position and see if its moving a lot or you can feel the vibraion. then put it into drive and press accelerator while pressing the brakes and check again if your engine moves a lot. if it is it might be ur mounts. it might be wrong timing as well btw......