22" On Your Lexus. Anyone Running 22's?

With the ever changing automotive world, it seem wheels are getting bigger and bigger and tyres getting smaller and smaller. I just picked up a 1998 LEXUS GS400. Most people would run either the OEM wheels, a staggered larger size for performance or the traditional DUBS (20's, if i could call it that) but since I operate a rim shop in my area DUBS just wont surfice... time for some 22's. Thankfully falken, nitto and a few others offer a newer, lower profile 235-30-22 and a 245-30-22 tires.(last year the lowest profile tire was a 255-30-22 nitto/hanook/pirelli)

get some 22x7.5/8/8.5 and call it a day...

Edited by SW03ES

This trend of larger and larger wheels with smaller and smaller tires is the dumbest thing the automotive world has come up with over the past five years. It makes absolutely no sense to have to spend significantly more money for a set of tires that lasts half as long and rides twice as hard.

Maybe I can start a trend of selling stagecoach and covered wagon wheels to gullible kids who'll put any wheel/tire package on their cars as long as it delivers a larger diameter and a harsher ride....

This trend of larger and larger wheels with smaller and smaller tires is the dumbest thing the automotive world has come up with over the past five years. It makes absolutely no sense to have to spend significantly more money for a set of tires that lasts half as long and rides twice as hard.

Maybe I can start a trend of selling stagecoach and covered wagon wheels to gullible kids who'll put any wheel/tire package on their cars as long as it delivers a larger diameter and a harsher ride....

LOL, riding on chromed out wagon wheels... we don't need no stinkin tires. 22's are awesome though, you get to attract all the simple people who are drawn in by shiny objects... nothing says "break into me" like shiny stuff and who cares about braking, performance, ride quality, and fuel economy... oh wait... I DO... besides NY isn't wheel friendly.

LOL, riding on chromed out wagon wheels... we don't need no stinkin tires. 22's are awesome though, you get to attract all the simple people who are drawn in by shiny objects... and who cares about braking, performance, ride quality, and fuel economy... oh wait... I DO... besides NY isn't wheel friendly.

19's MAX :wacko:

THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT BUT EVEN THE HKS/VERTEX ARISTO HAS ITS OWN SET OF 20'S FOR THE STREETS. THIS CAR IS SUPPOSED TO GET ME OUT OF SPEEDING TICKETS, THE WHOLE LUXURY RIDE SLOW IDEA AND I ALSO HAVE A SHOP TO REPRESENT. :)

A Lexus is not going to get you out of speeding tickets, ESPECIALLY on 22s.

I also removed your shop's contact info from your post. If you'd like to set up an advertising or sponsorship arrangement let us know, but we don't allow uncomponsated promotion on our site.

I also removed your shop's contact info from your post. If you'd like to set up an advertising or sponsorship arrangement let us know, but we don't allow uncomponsated promotion on our site.

I JOINED TO FIND INFO, TECH, AND SUGGESTION FOR MY NEW LEXUS. THAT IS ALL.. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE TRESPASS.

YEAH IF YOU GO FROM A TURBOCHARGED 300+hp SWAPPED DAILY DRIVER CIVIC TO A "MORE LUXURIOUS" LEXUS YOU PLAN ON PEOPLE SEEING MORE THEN YOU WANT THEM TO SEE YOUR TAILIGHTS, IT SLOWS THE TICKETS JUST A HINT.

:P

THIS POST WAS MERELY AN INSIGHT FOR ANYONE THAT MIGHT WANT 22'S. NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THEY MAKE THOSE PROFILE OF TIRES AND ALOT OF LOCAL TIRE/WHEEL SHOPS TELL MOST CUSTOMERS THAT ALOT OF WHEEL AND TIRE COMINATIONS WONT FIT. FOR EXAMPLE: this time last year we had a 1998 MERCEDES S500 COUPE. Nice car, kinda quick, bullet proof double pane glass, and ever vendor and wheel manufacturer told us 22" wouldnt fit, finally I ordered some 22x8.5 wheels with a HIGH offset and the then "lowest profile" tire made (the 255-30-22) put them right on, never scrubbed, rubbed or anything...

:cheers:

I JOINED TO FIND INFO, TECH, AND SUGGESTION FOR MY NEW LEXUS. THAT IS ALL.. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE TRESPASS.

YEAH IF YOU GO FROM A TURBOCHARGED 300+hp SWAPPED DAILY DRIVER CIVIC TO A "MORE LUXURIOUS" LEXUS YOU PLAN ON PEOPLE SEEING MORE THEN YOU WANT THEM TO SEE YOUR TAILIGHTS, IT SLOWS THE TICKETS JUST A HINT.

:P

THIS POST WAS MERELY AN INSIGHT FOR ANYONE THAT MIGHT WANT 22'S. NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THEY MAKE THOSE PROFILE OF TIRES AND ALOT OF LOCAL TIRE/WHEEL SHOPS TELL MOST CUSTOMERS THAT ALOT OF WHEEL AND TIRE COMINATIONS WONT FIT. FOR EXAMPLE: this time last year we had a 1998 MERCEDES S500 COUPE. Nice car, kinda quick, bullet proof double pane glass, and ever vendor and wheel manufacturer told us 22" wouldnt fit, finally I ordered some 22x8.5 wheels with a HIGH offset and the then "lowest profile" tire made (the 255-30-22) put them right on, never scrubbed, rubbed or anything...

:cheers:

put those 22"s up there and post pictures and how it rides i have seen a 1996 gs300 with 22's and 245's

although it was in nyc and he cracked a rim .so good luck also there is and 195 up ls400 with 22's on

cardomain it looks like his tires are to big must be 265's on them because it looks lifted,

• 2 weeks later...