My First Lexus

HUSTLER

Hello All,

I am a new memeber and I've just bought a 2001 IS 300. Would anybody tell me the Pros and Cons of this car and model. It is my first lexus I ever bought btw. I know this topic might have already been covered but I couldnt find it. let me know where it is if it has been covered.

Thanks a lot

:)

• 2 weeks later...
...Honda guys will hate you because, well chicks like the look of a Lexus much better than the nasty look of a riced out Honda.

Affirmative!!! Hondas are SO played out and boring.

Hustler: Congrats and Welcome :)

You'll be sure to find tons of info on this great site, but obviously the Pro's outweighed the Con's for you because you bought the car! :lol:

damn guys...i didnt know ppl hated honda's that much ....btw i had a 2K Si and then a 97 Prelude before my Is :ph34r:

AND..i use to beat Is all the time on my Si...since i had some stuff i\h etc (all internal stuff, no rice stuff) on it.

thanx btw for a warm welcome.

:)

Hey, I don't know what you are talking about, but no Honda has never taken my Lexus at the light or even at the track :pirate:

Even with stuff under the hood, your front wheel drive Honda is still slower than my RW IS 300.

It is all about skills :D

Welcome again!

yea u right...its depends on the skills as well as the machine. i guess u never read anything about the B16A2. i know there is no comparison between b16A2 and the 2JZGE. but go a head and do some research about the potential B16A2 has. B)

i've got a quick q.

is there anyway i can turn the day lights off...without turning the head lights on..!!!!

Hey you have to pull the e-break while at stop or if you want to cut it definitally you got to take the wire under the hood. There is a post on that in the earlier page and the high beams are still working.

Good luck :D

By the way I have look at your engine and it is good but you can't modify it as much as the 2JZ-GE.

Ozzi B)

• 3 years later...
JUST PULL THE TWO FUSES IN FUSE BLOCK 41 AND 42 FOR THE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (drl)

Much easier way of disabling the DRL. pop the hood, left side by the strut, there's a small black box and it has a plug going to it.

Pull the plug = no DRL,

Connect the two prongs inside the plug together = Full power DRL,

PM with questions.

Yeah I think they figured that out about 4 years ago when this was originally posted. LOL! :rolleyes: