Lexus Car Cover

jaspal

My son bought me a Genuine Lexus car cover for my 1994 ES300. I used it once 'cause it was a pain in the butt to put it on, and when I took it off it had to be folded in a certain way so it would fit into the storage bag.

Long story short.......I sold it on eBay! :P

Carcover.jpg

Thanks guys. That's what I feared. You just confirmed it. Another friend of mine has a generic car cover, which he doesn't like. I thought 'genuine' Lexus might be lighter (which appears from its picture as it is stretch-fit), and easy to use. Perhaps covers are good for car storage for an extended period.

• 2 weeks later...

But car covers are helpful IF you have to leave a car outside, and don't want cats scratching on the paint and having bird droppings on top of your car. So far no cat has been on top of any of my cars when they're covered, you can tell if there are scratch marks on it (which I don't seem to find any) but if you're covering a car that's inside the garage (i've seen people do it, sounds crazy but people do it) then it's not worth covering a car up.

But car covers are helpful IF you have to leave a car outside, and don't want cats scratching on the paint and having bird droppings on top of your car. So far no cat has been on top of any of my cars when they're covered, you can tell if there are scratch marks on it (which I don't seem to find any) but if you're covering a car that's inside the garage (i've seen people do it, sounds crazy but people do it) then it's not worth covering a car up.

You're definitely right about the bird droppings. I think the birds have something against me, and they always seem to single out my car no matter where I park. LOL

I got a genuine lexus car cover from some guy on the street for my gs300, other than custom fit its nothing special as with any car cover but I do use it if i'm going to leave my car parked outside while i'm out of state. Irontoad sells them for less than what the dealer charges.