2007 Drivers Door Random Locking After Non Locking Exit

I purchased a new 2007 RX350 two weeks ago.

I am incurring a problem periodically with the driver's side front door locking unexpectedly after I exit the vehicle and not locking it. I will go back to enter the RX and the drivers side front door will be locked. All the other doors will still be unlocked as they should be since I did not lock the vehicle.

I contacted the dealer's service department and they advised me they nerver heard of this problem.

Has anyone had this problem and how was it fixed?

Thanks for you help.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a new 2007 RX350 two weeks ago.

I am incurring a problem periodically with the driver's side front door locking unexpectedly after I exit the vehicle and not locking it. I will go back to enter the RX and the drivers side front door will be locked. All the other doors will still be unlocked as they should be since I did not lock the vehicle.

I contacted the dealer's service department and they advised me they nerver heard of this problem.

Has anyone had this problem and how was it fixed?

Thanks for you help.

poor design of the key fob on the remote does that on my 2005 highlander- the buttons are too easy to press and they only move a little compared with other remotes

so put it in your pocket with keys on the key ring and the other keys activate the lock button- happens all the time to me

• 3 months later...

My 08 RX350 automatically locks if you walk away with the key after about 30 seconds. My wife went into a store and I was in the car and the doors suddenly locked. I unlocked them and about 30 seconds later they automatically locked again.

While at the dealership getting the personal settings done, I walked away with the key and it locked. When asked, the service rep said that it was a safety factor in case the door was not locked and the key was away from the car.

I leave the key in the door pocket when in the garage at home and the doors do not lock automatically. There must be some kind of signal continuously put off by the key fob. When the fob battery runs low I may be in trouble.

Maybe this is the same situation with the 07 model.

My 08 RX350 automatically locks if you walk away with the key after about 30 seconds. My wife went into a store and I was in the car and the doors suddenly locked. I unlocked them and about 30 seconds later they automatically locked again.

While at the dealership getting the personal settings done, I walked away with the key and it locked. When asked, the service rep said that it was a safety factor in case the door was not locked and the key was away from the car.

I leave the key in the door pocket when in the garage at home and the doors do not lock automatically. There must be some kind of signal continuously put off by the key fob. When the fob battery runs low I may be in trouble.

Maybe this is the same situation with the 07 model.

I also have a 2008 RX350. When I exit my car after shuting the engine off the doors do not lock. However if I use the key fob to unlock the car and do not open a door in 60 seconds the car will lock. I found in the 08 manual page 5 the following. Security feature. If a door is not opened within approximately 60 seconds after the vehicle is unlocked, the anti-theft system automatically locks the vehicle again.

I have never sat in the car for 60 seconds after turning if off and not opening a door. Maybe it will lock. It sounds like you had opened a door.

Hello Diamond, I have never heard of any car just locking the driver's door and leaving the others open, unless the doors that are left unlocked maybe are not shut completely? Or all the door actuators were bad with the exception of the driver's door. Being yours is quite new it's unlikely that they would fail so early. Apparently, the car locking the doors that were left open after exiting the vehicle and walking away was a security feature on the 07. If your door locks function normally when you lock the doors yourself (either via power door lock switch, or keyless entry button) the actuators might not be the problem. Maybe some sort of control module for the system is faulty. On the bright side your car is under warranty, so keep us posted on what takes place. Good luck :)