Smell Coming From Climate Control

guod

I have a 2004 ls430 and when i use the climate control, there is a TERRIBLE smell coming out of the vents. It is almost as if there is mold in the system. Is there a way to fix it myself or i have to take it to the dealer?

If your LS is still under factory warranty, why not take it to the dealer. The cabin filter is either dirty or the A/C evaporator has dirt and mold on it. When the fan is running, it blows air across the evap. and if its moldy, it smells bad in the cabin...

Just a suggestion!!!

Bryan

If your LS is still under factory warranty, why not take it to the dealer. The cabin filter is either dirty or the A/C evaporator has dirt and mold on it. When the fan is running, it blows air across the evap. and if its moldy, it smells bad in the cabin...

Just a suggestion!!!

Bryan

the air filer looks pretty clean and the dealer said this would not be cover under my warranty when i called them. The car has the full warranty for about another year and a half but they said this is considered like wear and tear not something wrong with the car..

Just a suggestion!!!

Bryan

You owe me a beer :cheers:

ODOR_BULLETIN.pdf

Just a suggestion!!!

Bryan

cool. ill take it to the dealer and make them fix it for free, not $175

Just a suggestion!!!

Bryan

cool. ill take it to the dealer and make them fix it for free, not $175

Hey, What about the beer ???

JK :cheers:

Hey I have a LS400 1990. I get bad smells too!!!

Thanks for this procedure. I might try and do it myself. Has anyone else ever tried DYI?

Ollie, You owe me a beer too :lol::cheers:

No Worries dcfish! Come down to Perth, Australia and I'll buy you a proper beer! None of that american *BLEEP* down here. hehe

Send me an address. I've got time to fly to australia. Won't be until May though,:cheers:

Oh yeah, Send tickets with that address ;)

This worked for me :

1) stick AC on full and make sure recirculate is off

2) locate air intakes under wiper arms

3) spray a load of anti-bacterial detergent spray through the vent (Febreeze, Dettox or similar)

4) repeat 30 minutes later