1990 Ls Non Air Struts! What To Buy?

Shelly'sLS400

I HAVE LOOKED THRU THE FORUM AND STILL CAN'T DECIDED WHETHER TO GO WITH OEM PARTS OR AFTERMARKET. I CAN GET EMPLOYEE PRICES FROM HENDRICK LEXUS ( FRONT $86.71 EA. & REAR 97.16 EA. FRONT STRUT TOPS 78.25 EA. ). I KNOW I'M GETTING A GOOD PRICE, BUT I CAN GET TOKICO BRAND STRUTS FOR $80.08 EA. FRONT & REAR, FRONT STRUT TOPS FOR 49.09 EA. IT DOES SAVE ME SOME MONEY, BUT I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TOKICO STRUTS. I DID READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE TOKICO STRUTS AND THE PERSON SAID THEY WEREN'T BAD. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE AN OPINION THAT COULD HELP ME BEFORE I SPEND ALL THIS MONEY?????

I HAVE LOOKED THRU THE FORUM AND STILL CAN'T DECIDED WHETHER TO GO WITH OEM PARTS OR AFTERMARKET. I CAN GET EMPLOYEE PRICES FROM HENDRICK LEXUS ( FRONT $86.71 EA. & REAR 97.16 EA. FRONT STRUT TOPS 78.25 EA. ). I KNOW I'M GETTING A GOOD PRICE, BUT I CAN GET TOKICO BRAND STRUTS FOR $80.08 EA. FRONT & REAR, FRONT STRUT TOPS FOR 49.09 EA. IT DOES SAVE ME SOME MONEY, BUT I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TOKICO STRUTS. I DID READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE TOKICO STRUTS AND THE PERSON SAID THEY WEREN'T BAD. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE AN OPINION THAT COULD HELP ME BEFORE I SPEND ALL THIS MONEY?????

drop the caps, have a headache...................

Being the frugal cheapskate I am and not authorized for dealer employee pricing, I have avoided making this same type of decision. However, in your case I would have to spring for the extra $110 to get OEM.

You may wish to view This Thread among others for additional help to make your decision.

Guess I'll be going with the OEM parts. Talked to a few BMW techs I work with and they feel that the OEM parts would be the way to go also. 167,252 mile and factory struts. If the new ones will last as long, I'll be in good shape.

i think you are safe to go tokico.. most of toyotas struts are tokicos anyway :P

i went bilstein on my supra with eibach springs and was very happy with that. great ride. nice drop. too abd they dont have them for the LS400 or i'd get em for this car as well hehe