Turn The Headlights On Auto Trans Will Not Work

roverguy

:o I have a 1993 LS400 I have not driven it in some time and the other night I took it out , drive just fine untill I had to tuen the headlighs on . It was like it shifted into 1st gear and would not change out. I turned the headlights off and it started shifting just fine. I have no clue of even what to check, any ideals ?

Interesting, I have a 90 LS400 which is just sitting around for now with the same problem--4 speeds during the day but only 1st & 2nd gear with the headlights on. Dealers have told me to look for a grounding problem in/around the instruments or shift lever.

Tom

Maybe this is why they're slipping to 7th place in customer satisfaction... I mean if the trunk hinge wiring harness is that well known to cause these sort of wierd glitches, then why in the world would his dealership tell him to tear down his dashboard?? It almost seems intentional, so they can generate future business for themselves, when you come back with all of your expensive parts torn up and you can't get it fixed on your own.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=35582

Maybe this is why they're slipping to 7th place in customer satisfaction... I mean if the trunk hinge wiring harness is that well known to cause these sort of wierd glitches, then why in the world would his dealership tell him to tear down his dashboard?? It almost seems intentional, so they can generate future business for themselves, when you come back with all of your expensive parts torn up and you can't get it fixed on your own.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=35582

n:

Jeez!......yer gettin' me goin' again!.............

Every time I'm stuck for a part and have to buy it from the Stealer, I just about grind my teeth down to stubs! To add insult to injury, I ask them a question & all I get is a dumb look or response. I know damn good and well that they know the answer but they're not going to lift one finger to help me.

I just bought a new trunk gasket ("Weatherstrip") from PPL (98'ish bucks). The local stealer was $140.00.

When the time comes that I'm looking for a new or newer rig, I will be very hard pressed to even consider looking at what either of the two stealers in my area have to offer. Something about not wishing to support merchants with predatory business practices. Who knows, I might even get swept off my feet by another manufacturer if their dealer appears to even care a little (on second thought.........that's not likely to happen either....) Must be something genetic........