Pictures Of Hybrid Emblems From Rey Bustos In L.a.

I know that I have these on someone else's post but enough people have asked so here are the pictures. I got three Hybrid Synergy Drive and three Hybrid logotypes all free from my great dealership at Glendale Lexus. I just put up a new image of the rear with an emblem that I got through eBay of a Ford hybrid. Now that many auto makers have hybrids our choices are greater if you want to add hybrid emblems on your 400h...especially if you have an '06 as I have. I also imcluded pictures of the Harrier grille and emblem. I saw this in Europe and loved it! Rey Bustos, Lexus Man in L.A.

post-26996-1172331445_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1172331479_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1187211126_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1251984668_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1251984725_thumb.jpg

Well, I can honestly say that anyone who doesn't see that your RX is a hybrid vehicle needs to get his eyes examined, ASAP! :cheers:

Yes, that's pretty funny! I do tend to overdo things a lot...it's why I've been successful in life I suppose. I do get a little

passionate about everything that I do or get involved with. Did I tell you I have a HYBRID? Toodle-loo, Rey in L.A.

You're pretty funny! No, I'm safe in that regard, the only vices I have are being too sweet and I do love my morning coffee! I was at a local coffee house here in Pasadena this morning and someone mentioned just what you kidded me about...he said as I got out of my gorgeous RX400h, "Well, it's pretty obvious that your car is a hybrid!" as we smiled. Take care, Rey

Is the vanity plate going to have a reference to hybrid? I already have vanity plates so I had to go with emblems to show that I care about what I drive. It's the fourth car that I've had with the same plates! So in town the locals know when I get a new car! happy trails, Rey

I hate to throw fuel onto the fire, but today I saw a 400h with a chrome, slanted font, HYBRID label that was nesseled neatly into a recess provided on the factory door ding bumper (the body colored strip along the door). It must be a 2007?

It was at the most rearward location on the driver's side, rear door and it was slanted backward (like it was moving fast!)

I didn't get to see the other side (passenger) to see if it had one too, and/or if it was slanted in the other direction... but those stickers look NICE! :ph34r:

I saw that also but didn't like them as much as what I did...but then, I'm a better designer for my own vehicle! yes, I do believe it's on the 07s. I took a long time to decide where they would look best on the sides...more towards the front, back? So the point is is that it was my choice, not the dealer's or the exterior designers. I teach at a school,Art Center College of Design, where many of the world's best car designers graduate from and I get to see how all of these "little" things get worked out design wise. It's fascinating! I really enjoy accessorizing and that's the only thing that I miss about my old PT Cruiser! Take care....Rey

Are these emblems available from all Lexus dealerships? I know you have no way of actually knowing that... My salesman didn't seem to have a clue. Or are they available online somewhere?

Tomorrow I'm picking up my GS450h and had been thinking I want a Synergy Drive emblem (but probably only one!) for my car...

Tom, Lexus putting on the emblems to appease me? Yes, I like to think that! hehee.... Oh, yes, "Argelius" the emblems can be ordered through ANY Lexus dealership. They can get any,ANY part they want. All they have to do is contact Toyota. The only reason that I went to my Lexus dealership instead of calling a Toyota dealership, since the emblems that I got are for a Prius, is in the hope that if I went through the dealership where I bought my Lexus that they would give them to me gratis...which they did, which means I was right! So, don't let them play dumb...I know,they're car salesmen,but don't let them play dumb. They CAN get them. Now, whether they will let you have them free is another story but at $30 an emblem, it's worth the effort to try to see if they'll let you have them. Happy trails, Rey Bustos in L.A.

Tom, Lexus putting on the emblems to appease me? Yes, I like to think that! hehee.... Oh, yes, "Argelius" the emblems can be ordered through ANY Lexus dealership. They can get any,ANY part they want. All they have to do is contact Toyota. The only reason that I went to my Lexus dealership instead of calling a Toyota dealership, since the emblems that I got are for a Prius, is in the hope that if I went through the dealership where I bought my Lexus that they would give them to me gratis...which they did, which means I was right! So, don't let them play dumb...I know,they're car salesmen,but don't let them play dumb. They CAN get them. Now, whether they will let you have them free is another story but at $30 an emblem, it's worth the effort to try to see if they'll let you have them. Happy trails, Rey Bustos in L.A.

Thanks -- excellent advice! I called my salesman back and asked him to look into it with greater enthusiasm...

Can believe Toyota should charge that much for them -- it's free advertising!

And love the fact that there are others out there not afraid to adorn their Lexus with the Synergy Drive emblem!

Since you're only getting one I can't imagine charging you but if you're only getting one and they DO charge you....buy it. They are really nice. I have also noticed nice hybrid emblem designs on other vehicles as well....Ford Explorer, a Saturn hybrid, etc. The point is is if you see a really nice design that catches your eye...contact that particular dealership. NO ONE will really distinguish between makes of cars by looking at a hybrid emblem. Even my hybrid emblems that are from a Prius...no one has ever asked if they are from a Prius or anything at all like that. Once it's on the car,they are from that car and no one will question that. As I said, now I'm looking to see all of the other emblems on other makes. Take care and remind them that you have just spent a mint at their dealership and I know here at my dealership they are great at making you feel valued....because we are! Rey

• 3 weeks later...

Rey Bustos,Lexus man in L.A., there's another post that I wish mine was a part of because I keep seeing emblem questions and I have the emblems and dammit, I think that they look great! Now everyone in town knows that my Lexus is a hybrid!...it's really hard to miss.....

• 1 month later...

I managed to find the Hybrid Synergy logo at the local Toyota dealer, but the Hybrid logo was different than the one you have. The one on the Prius is smaller than the one you show in your pictures. Is it from a different vehicle?

BTW the price was $23 for the Synergy logo and $27 for the Hybrid logo.

Whatever the price was, I wasn't about to spend a dime. Lexus isn't hurting in the profit department and within reason I ask and get things for free. I'm not cheap, it's more the principle of the thing... No one there is missing any meals and all I was asking was to ...as you so well put it, advertise the fact that I have a hybrid and that I got it at Glendale Lexus...so it benefits everyone. As far as what the emblems were from, the HSD"wave" was definitely from a Prius, but the logotype?, I thought it was also from a Prius but if you have something different perhaps mine was from an older Prius or a different model...anyway, as long as we got what we wanted,cool. BTW I had Lexus get the emblems I didn't go to Toyota. That might be the difference. Toyota will charge, Lexus won't or at least you can ask if they'd waive whatever it is that you want,again, I'm ferering to the "little" things. Happy trails! Rey Bustos ,happy Lexus owner in L.A.

I live very close to a Toyota dealer, and just thought I'd check on prices. I will certainly try my dealer first and see if they will get them for me. I looked at the logotype on the Prius and it is smaller than what you have. Like you said, maybe it was from an older model.

Av8tr (are you a pilot?)...anyway, I totally understand checking with the Toyota dealership since it's so close and it is good to at least know what things retail for as long as you remember that it is a retail price and way overpriced. I hope I helped in any way. Lexus themselves are adding emblems finally after so many of us complained so they should be accomodating to you. BTW, I had my RX400h in today for its 15K checkup and colonoscopy,or whatever they do, and I got to drive around all day in an '07 ES350 sedan. It had the push button start which was really cool, I wish my hybrid had that. It was really nice but I was so glad to be back in my RX and the shifting of the ES seemed so evident to me now after the seemless CVT of my RX400h! I also looked at the LS 460L in the showroom...WOW!!! what an amazing car, a world class car. I think I heard that it was voted the best car on the planet! Anyway, let me know what happens with your emblems. Rey

• 3 months later...

As I mentioned in another post, my car was terribly vandalized in June '07 so I had to have the whole car repainted. Well, I also lost the back HYBRID emblem that I got free from the dealer but found this one on eBay from a Ford. It's a lot nicer that the one that comes on the new 400hs and nicert than the one I had before from a Prius. There are more that I saw so get one. I paid $28, free shipping so it's worth it. Anyway, with more and more hybrids out there, it's easier to get the logotype that you like best. I decided to put the HYBRID logotype on the chrome part of the rear hatch trim and it looks amazing...chrome on chrome...very classy! Rey Bustos in sunny L.A.