New Tires

scottelble

I'm thinking of purchasing new tires in the near future. Any suggestions for a quality tire with a very quiet and smooth ride that won't break my wallet too much. I can't stand road noise or vibrations so can someone please point me in the right direction! Thanks:)

P.S. Anyone with Bridgestone Turanzas' give me some imput as far as ride n' drive experience

My Bridgestone Turanza LS-Vs are in balance just fine and almost as quiet as my MXV4s. I think either tire is a good choice.

I've got the Turanza LS-Hs, they are in balance also and are a pretty quite ride. They only have about 300 miles on them right now though, so I can't speak about later mileage. I reserached a lot on tires before purchasing for a quiet and smooth ride.

Overall I am pretty happy with them except where I purchased them from locally. They didn't change my valve stems after charging me. The next day I went back because one was leaking. 1 hr. later I went back for another leaking. After that I got pretty *BLEEP*ed and had them change them all out and rebalance. Now everything is good.

I am quite pleased with the Michelin Pilot Sport Exalto A/S.

They are less expensive than the MXV4s and have better rain and snow traction.

They are super quiet right now (I only have ~10,000 miles on them).

steviej

Another vote for these Michelins......they are becoming more popular with Subaru owners too (mainly turbo models) & have been impressed with several friends vehicles I have driven. Fairly reasonably priced too. B)

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Turanza LS-H on my '97 ES, and I was very pleased with them. I took a chance on the Kumho Solus KH16, and I like them even better, for about half the cost. They're very smooth and quiet, and grippy enough that I haven't squealed them in any corners yet. I highly recommend them.