Front Light Bulb

scrappyslexus

Since the recall on the headlights I have been averaging a burnt light bulb every 6 months. Has anyone experienced similiar problems?

Is this the recall on the '04 DRL's for being too bright? I think they just put a resistor in there, right? Are you using stock/OEM bulbs? The Japanense-made Koyo bulbs last a lot longer than bulbs one buys here. If you're using bulbs like Sylvania silverstars or high wattage bulbs, they only last 6 months tops. I'm running HID's in mine, vehicle wasn't subject to the recall.

Since the recall on the headlights I have been averaging a burnt light bulb every 6 months. Has anyone experienced similiar problems?

Is this the recall on the '04 DRL's for being too bright? I think they just put a resistor in there, right? Are you using stock/OEM bulbs? The Japanense-made Koyo bulbs last a lot longer than bulbs one buys here. If you're using bulbs like Sylvania silverstars or high wattage bulbs, they only last 6 months tops. I'm running HID's in mine, vehicle wasn't subject to the recall.

I sill try the koyo bulbls. The sylvania silverstars were recommended. Thanks

Are you talking about the high beam/DRL bulbs? Those should be the only ones affected by the recall. Your lows shouldn't matter. Did they splice on a resistor in series at the DRL relay in the engine compartment (little black box bolted to the inside wall just next to the air filter box). Do you see any splice job there?

Are you talking about the high beam/DRL bulbs? Those should be the only ones affected by the recall. Your lows shouldn't matter. Did they splice on a resistor in series at the DRL relay in the engine compartment (little black box bolted to the inside wall just next to the air filter box). Do you see any splice job there?

I see the box, the low beams are the ones that keep burning out. They also did not look as bright after the box was installed.

Could you post a snap shot of your DRL relay box and any mods they made? The low beams shouldn't be affected by adding more resistance to the high beam chain. Can you see where they added the so-called resistor to reduce the DRL brightness? Is it a normal resistor with color bands that they spliced into the harness? What I'd really want to know is what color wires are they. This will reveal where they put it. I could then suggest how to modify it back to the original configuration, as I have the schematics in the factory electrical manual.

I thought one of my bulbs wore out quick, but when I looked at it it was still good. Turns out the wiring just in back of the bulb had a break in it. The short wiring was replaced by Lexus and everything has been fine since. I do not have your problem with dull headlights and the DRL fix has been done.

wearing gloves when you install your bulbs?

Yes

I thought one of my bulbs wore out quick, but when I looked at it it was still good. Turns out the wiring just in back of the bulb had a break in it. The short wiring was replaced by Lexus and everything has been fine since. I do not have your problem with dull headlights and the DRL fix has been done.

That wire was also changed on my vehicle.