Steering Wheel

blake918

Well, I just got my steering wheel back from American Stitches yeasterday, and holy s@#t did they do a number on my wheel!!! They had to rebuild part of the rubber core because it was comming off; yall will see in the pictures. I had them cover it in color matched leather(no wood), and I couldn't be happier with their quality and crasftsmanship :D :D !!! A special thanks goes to Jimi(Speedracer959) for donating his wheel to me :D; what a guy!!! And, a special thanks to SW03ES for recomending the American Stitches Company to me :D . thanks guys

here's the before....ahh yuck

post-7-1061346898.jpg

Jimi, the final price was around $305 with all shipping charges, and worth every red cent :D ! Now, I just have to wait for the seat upolsterer(he's booked until mid September...I never knew they were this busy), and then my interior will be like new!!! The "new" steering wheel has made a huge difference like you said Steve ;) .

Also, here is a question for those of you more mechanically inclined: when we removed the steering wheel the air bag light came on, and now that the airbag has been back in for almost 3 days the light is still on. The battery was unplugged when I reinstalled it; would it be a good idea to un&re plug the battery again? Or, do I need to bring it somewhere that has a code reader, and let them turn it off?

you are not supposed to use the car without the air bag in the car

the ecu is sensing an open cuircit

and will not let go of the code as it might be intermittent to it to make sure you know

it maty have to be reset by the dealer or a complicated situation of ground 2 pins back and forth

Thanks bbsal :D !!! But, now I'm feeling a little depressed about the airbag light, and to even further that, I'll most likely have to go to the dealer to get it turned off :angry: . You try and fix one thing, and you end up breaking five more things :wacko: . I wonder if AutoZone's little reader could turn it off?

Thanks bbsal :D !!! But, now I'm feeling a little depressed about the airbag light, and to even further that, I'll most likely have to go to the dealer to get it turned off :angry: . You try and fix one thing, and you end up breaking five more things <!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo--> . I wonder if AutoZone's little reader could turn it off?

lol nothing like fixing one thing and another goes bad!its like opening a can of worms.it probably just needs to be reset by the dealer and it should be fine.

it costs nothing to call them and ask.

Explain the situation to them.

They may just do it for nothing. It couldn't hurt and it won't cost a thing to ask. You know what the problem is and what the cause was.

There is no diagnostic in this case. You just want the light turned out.

steviej

Well, I made a big trip to the Toyota dealer. I had them do all kinds of flushes...tranny, injector, and engine. And I had them turn off the airbag light. They usually charge $89.99 for this, but fortunantly I have a neighbor that buys $200,000 worth of Toyotas every couple of years. Needless to say, I saved a truckload of money; after the discount, I only paid $35 :D :D .