Creaking Front End

The Potenzas are really crappy tires. Also what PSI are the tires inflated to?

i didn't like them too much myself and signed up for the falken ziex 512's. they are coming next week. everything sounded great except that the falken's are H rated rather than V. but the V rated ones had a bit lower profile and smooth, comfortable ride is important to me.

but if i really can't stand the H's, then i am going back to sears and swapping them out for the V's with the lower profile. chances are, a non-aggresive driver like me probably wouldn't notice the difference.

as for the tire pressure, i just got an inexpensive digital tire gauge and the readings are 33, 29, 26 and 13. that 33 probably should be lowered a bit, but i think the darn valve stem on the 13 must be damaged. it just does not look 13.

by the way, sears charges a small fortune on balancing and stem valves. the tires are at a great price, but they really whop you with the service charges. well, it's not a small fortune ($44 for balance and $12 for valve stems), but do i need to chuck my metal valve stems and get new ones? i imagine they are going to charge me for valve stem service even if i reuse the ones i already have. but it would be more in my character to reuse what i can.

now I thought Faulkens were in the same category as Sumotumos.

They give a longer tread life cause they are a harder rubber. This would give a slightly stiffer ride.

I really shouldn't talk as I haven't ridden on them.

The bridgies are crap. although they give a nice soft ride, they barely made 24k miles.

It is either Michelin Energy Plus' or Continental ExtremContacts.

latah,

steviej

as for the tire pressure, i just got an inexpensive digital tire gauge and the readings are 33, 29, 26 and 13. that 33 probably should be lowered a bit, but i think the darn valve stem on the 13 must be damaged. it just does not look 13.

shockingly, it turns out i was driving on a 13 psi tire. more shockingly, the 29 was actually 39. that's kind of dangerous, isn't it.

i am keeping them all at 30 now.

It depends on the Potenza model. The Potenza RE92 tires that come stock on some ES300s are really lackluster, plenty of cheaper and better tires out there for the money. There are literally probably 40 different Potenza models though.

The Potenza RE92 tires that come stock on some ES300s are really lackluster

Steve, what is so bad about the PotenzaRE92? I'm not trying to disagree...I'm just curious...I know jack s#$t about tires. Any safety issues? :blushing: . From the sounds of things, it's quite unfortunate that I have 4 of them.

The Potenza RE92 tires that come stock on some ES300s are really lackluster

Steve, what is so bad about the PotenzaRE92? I'm not trying to disagree...I'm just curious...I know jack s#$t about tires. Any safety issues? :blushing: . From the sounds of things, it's quite unfortunate that I have 4 of them.

I don't think there's really anything wrong with them, they just don't rate really high in most categories. Check the ratings here.

http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp