Is 350 Top Speed

the lexus brochure states that the top speed for the is 350 is 140 mph,which is electronically limited.

the speedo shows 160 mph. is there an over ride?

If I may ask, Where do you plan on going 160 much less 140 ? :whistles:

the lexus brochure states that the top speed for the is 350 is 140 mph,which is electronically limited.

If I may ask, Where do you plan on going 160 much less 140 ? :whistles:

there used to be a tme when speedometers never went above 85(early 1980's). the marked speed limit in my area is 70mph, yet we are buying cars with 306 hp. i don't know where i'll go 140,( although there are places out here in the wild west where you can), i just want the capability.

If I may ask, Where do you plan on going 160 much less 140 ?:whistles:

there used to be a tme when speedometers never went above 85(early 1980's). the marked speed limit in my area is 70mph, yet we are buying cars with 306 hp. i don't know where i'll go 140,( although there are places out here in the wild west where you can), i just want the capability.

Is it knowing that the car is capable of max speed and not being restricted by the mfg. ?

Is it knowing that the car is capable of max speed and not being restricted by the mfg. ?

it's probably my own psychiatrical(sp) querk. i don't like restriction on my personal possesions.

it's probably my own psychiatrical(sp) querk. i don't like restriction on my personal possesions.

I'm very much the same way, There is a "Black Box" thread in the recent posts and I won't even go there. What's mine is mine ;) :cheers:

Here it is : http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=33687&hl=

Coming home from Reno NV, I hit 146-7ish so I don't know what the actual limiter is set at, but I can tell you that it is a governer cause the car still had more ummph left. I was at like 4.5k on the tach. The good news is that the car felt pretty stable at that speed. Unlike my old Stang GT that felt like it was flying thru the air, very light in the front end, this car felt hunkered down.

The new IS is amazingly comfy at those high speeds. You reallly don't feel like you're going so fast till you start catching up with traffic or whatever and need to slow down. :D

. . . . . . . . . . .

or until you look in the rear view mirror and see the guy with the light bar on the top of his car catching up with you!!! LOL :whistles:

To misquote Jim Croche from Speedball Tucker, "146 was the route you were on, it was not the speed limit sign." :)

larry

The new IS is amazingly comfy at those high speeds. You reallly don't feel like you're going so fast till you start catching up with traffic or whatever and need to slow down. :D

. . . . . . . . . . .

or until you look in the rear view mirror and see the guy with the light bar on the top of his car catching up with you!!! LOL :whistles:

To misquote Jim Croche from Speedball Tucker, "146 was the route you were on, it was not the speed limit sign." :)

larry

:lol::lol::lol::cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

The limint is for engine rpm, thus the speed, I doubt if they care how fast you go the care to warranty an engine thus they don't want you to blow it up.. haha

George