Paint.. Yes.. That Awful 5 Word Again...

haven't been around in a few... so I was just wondering how the paint is holding up on the 2007s?

My 2006 has 12k miles on it... and the front of the hood looks worst then the Mazda I just sold with 140k miles on it (black also)... I know the paint is softer today... every time I get her detailed.. they keep on me telling me the hood has to have a defective paint job..

Scott.. Are you driving your IS yet!?!?!?!!?!? ;)

haven't been around in a few... so I was just wondering how the paint is holding up on the 2007s?

My 2006 has 12k miles on it... and the front of the hood looks worst then the Mazda I just sold with 140k miles on it (black also)... I know the paint is softer today... every time I get her detailed.. they keep on me telling me the hood has to have a defective paint job..

Scott.. Are you driving your IS yet!?!?!?!!?!? ;)

LOL !!!

Not yet.

Honestly, I have my eye on the 07 G35x.

306HP

AWD

Push Button Start

10 GB hard drive for MP3's

Stereo is fantastic, and not hard to find like the ever elusive ML option :P

Nice interior with added wood trim to hide that hideous aluminum "rice paper" crap they're using.

The little tweaks to the exterior make it a real contender for the IS.

It fits my needs as I wanted the IS250 AWD with the IS350's power.

I'm on hold, trying to sell a propety in this joke of a market.

If/when it sells, I'll test drive the IS250 again on the same day as I drive the G35x.

I was also liking the TL Type-S, but there is something terribly wrong with 285 HP on a FWD platform.

Being a new MDX buyer, they're throwing great incentives at me, but I just can't do it.

Pretty car though... very nice interior design.

I'll keep yas posted as the buying day nears.

Still love the IS, and visit the forum almost daily. ;)

My 2006 has 12k miles on it... and the front of the hood looks worst then the Mazda I just sold with 140k miles on it (black also)...

Outlaw:

I got my car with 13K on it. It was used, and came off of a defaulted lease. The car is silver, and the front spoiler looks like someone splattered the car with black paint. The front edges of the fenders and some of the hood have rock chips in it as well.

If I bought the car new, I would have put the clear plastic 3M Rock Shield on the car. Now . . . . . don't know what to do. I really don't want to spend the money to repaint the front spoiler already, and is it worth it to put the shield on the car now, protecting the paint that's left, and confirming that these chips will last forever? Am I going to spend hours on the garage floor next year touching up the spoiler with silver paint and then sanding it smooth before I have plastic shield put on it?

No good answers here, and now that winter is here, sand on the highways is only going to make this problem worse. The joys of owning a car.

larry

Unfortunately this is just part of the territory with the new paints. My next car will get a clear bra before I ever drive it a mile.

would u special order just so u can ensure that it hasnt been driven without a clear bra?

when exactly did this new paint take effect.

i know my RX (2004) doesnt have any, maybe 1 or 2 chips on the hood, but if your telling me that its because its not a low car, my 02 IS doesnt have that many either, though more than the RX. perhaps this new IS is even lower? :)

(p.s) i know this has nothing to do with paint, but ive always thought the IS was a beautiful looking car. lately however, after seeing more and more of them on the street, im starting to think that the rear portion is a big disporportioned in the way that it seems to be sticking up. lol anyone notice this? might be because of the high door panels

would u special order just so u can ensure that it hasnt been driven without a clear bra?

No, I just wouldn't get out on the highways until I had one. I know how quickly the chips piled up with my ES.