Air Bag Light

92LS400

Hello! Just joined the club. I have a '92 LS400, which was in the shop last week for A/C work (long story...won't even go into it). A/C was fixed, had a few fuses replaced and at some point the battery must have been disconnected. Air Bag light is now on permanently, which has never happened in the past. I read the post regarding the Engine Light. Should I also just disconnect and reconnect the battery and hope it makes the light disappear? Dealership wants $42 to reset everything, but I will do whatever possible to avoid even driving by. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If they replaced the expansion valve in your a/c, they probably disconnected the passenger side airbag connections that are attached to a plate on the left side of the glove compartment. Good chance that they didn't connect it back up when they put it back together. I would take it back to the place that did the a/c work and tell them to fix it right. I wouldn't mess with this yourself, you might have an air bag go off in your face. Check to see if they replaced the expansion valve or worked on the evaporator core at all during your a/c repair work. If they did I will bet that they left the passenger side air bag disconnected.

Curt

connec the scanner and get the code and then you will see which sensor is malfunctioning or disconnected. this would make whole process much easier.

there is a way to check the code by shorting the light out 5 tiems at the diagnostic port

going to ground on each pin 5 times

but it si a pain int he !Removed!

it usually takes a few tries

it also clears the codes when done

if no problem is going on still

like if the sensor was disconnected with the battery still on then the system will register a fault of an open cuircit

to tell it has seen a problem even if it is not happening anymore

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I took it back to the shop that did the a/c work. They got their diagrams out and after a bit of studying said they weren't working anywhere near the airbag sensors. They tried disconnecting the battery again but the light still came on. They had replaced a blown fuse the first time and think that maybe it triggered the light on. I guess I'm off to the dealership to have the codes reset ($42 charge of course, because nothing's free at the dealership). I will keep you posted.

Had the same problem, tried the SKperformance method, didnot work. Call a local body shop they have scanner to reset if for $20. Most cars crashed would cause the airbag light to come on. They have the scanner to reset it. Take 20 seconds.