Here's Toddls400's New Rims On His Car

ToddLS400

I took 2 really quick pictures with my digital cam. That freakin' sun kept giving me bad glare so I couldn't get a good one off. I got to get back to work so I did this in a hurry. I'll take better ones later.

L_side_Lex_rims.sized.jpg

Side view with new MB Design Link (manufactured by Liquid Metal Motorsports) chrome wheels and Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 - 245/40ZR18 tires.

F_R_Lex_rim.sized.jpg

Close up on front, right wheel.

Very nice, now you just need to drop the car about 2" :D

I know, I'm looking at the gap. It's not too bad but I will look into dropping it later. Do you know of any quality coil overs or replacement springs for the LS400?

Looks awesome Todd, I love the way you painted the chrome strip that runs around the beltline to make it monochrome, very sporty. I saw a second gen one time with all the chrome painted black to match, even the trim around the grille and windows, and black pearl emblems. It looked great.

I'm not sure about the lowering myself. Maybe not 2 inches, maybe just one. There are plenty of high quality coilovers out there for the LS.

Looks bad to the bone.  Man, the chrome really sets off the black.  I doubt I would lower it,  looks great as it sits.  How much for the whole deal, I'm tempted now.

The local manager at Discount sold me the rims and tires with locking lugs for $1,535 out the door. He gave me over $300 off their retail w/tax.

:cheers:

Thanks for the compliments everybody. I am considering a 1.5" drop in the near future.SW03ES - Would a 1 - 1.5" drop affect the smoothness of the Lexus's comfortable ride quite a bit??? Hopefully I can find quality coil overs for a good price. Can anybody give me some places where I could buy some? That's a good 2 months or so away. I've spent enough money latley on the Lex and my boat.

Well, I dont think that a light 1 inch drop or so will effect the ride all that much. Have you noticed a difference now that you have the bigger wheels? That difference would be much more pronounced. Just make sure that you pivk a good coilover with a bias on ride, there are some in a similar thread in the GS forum now that should work on the LS also.

Great price on the wheels too...

Todd,

I am REAL interested in hearing about any change in the ride with the new tires and wheels. I am thinking about doing the same but don't want to give up ANY of the great LS ride !

Oh yeah, the smoothness of the ride is the same as far as I can feel. The handling and cornering is much, much, much better. That's a understatement actually. Those 15" tires would squeal when taking any kind of corner at a medium/high speed. These new tires hug the corners like my previous Nissan 300ZX's did. Well, they're the same tires I had on those cars too...The handling is GREAT!.

I do think I want to drop it anywhere from 1" - 2" max. Probably 1.5" after looking at it quite a bit and measuring?

It's taking me a little to get use to on the look of these rims. Sometimes I look at them and I think they look smaller than 18". I think it's because they kind of bowl out from the inside perimeter of the rim? Look below and see what I mean. When I look at them at certain angles it seems like your focus is on the inner middle part which makes the overall rim look smaller. If you look at the wheel straight on, it looks like the full 18". The chrome finish is very nice. I dunno, maybe I'm too picky? I'll probably start to like them a lot more in a few more days? If I don't, I'm going to take them back and pay a little more for some chrome TSW wheels or something else. I'll just switch off the rubber so it won't be a problem with Discount. They're really cool.

DSC00558.sized.jpg

Just had to give you props on the rims...looking nice.  Noticed you were in Bellevue area, that is where I work, nice to know that not everyone here in the land of the lexus's is old and boring!

Where do you work? What do you do? I'm a mortgage wholesale account executive. My territory is the eastside from Kirkland down to Southcenter.

What year is your GS300? Do you have a pic in the gallery?

Here's some new pics that I took this morning. I need to learn how to use my Sony DSC-P31 digital camera better. It seems like I have a lot of the settings off. It looks dark.

DSC00553.sized.jpg

Rear angle view with the new chrome.

DSC00558.sized.jpg

Extreme close up of left, front (driver's side) wheel.

Thanks BG! :D

Yeah, I'm going to lower it in a month or so. I've spent enough money latley. I'm going to shop coilovers and springs for the next month. I think 1.5" may be the best drop? I want to find something that will not reduce the plush LS400 ride by too much. I'm willing to accept a little more stiffness but I don't want to have a bouncy car in any way. At least the drop will give me better handling.

Can you recommend me anything?