Sylvania Silverstar

I changed my highlights to Sylvania silverstar for 1996 ES300 a while ago. According to the manufacture, the color temperature is a white hot 4,000K. Is this true for all the cars? The standard HIDs are burn at 4,100K. The 100K should not be a huge different. But I believe they are big different between my wife’s car (Acura 3.2TL) and mine. It makes me wonder if they are really burn 4,000K on my car. Any one knows? Thanks.

I, too have Silverstars in my 1996 ES. The color temperature on my driver's side headlamp actually appears to be a bit whiter (4000K by my unscientific estimate) than the passenger side (est 3700K). I've compared it to the stock HID in a relative's 2001 IS 300, and the driver's side is almost as white (brightness of course can't compare). To me, the Acura HID has always looked a bit whiter/bluer than Lexus HID, so I've got a slightly different basis of comparison. When I have time, I may swap the bulbs from side to side to see if the difference in color is due to the bulbs or the housing. If it's due to the bulbs, I'll buy a new passenger side bulb, which will hopefully match.

Does anyone have pictures of silverstars in their car(especially 92-96) turned-off? I want to see if the bulbs look blue in the projector. I would like to get some brighter bulbs, but not if the bulbs themselves are blueish...a rice thing to me(their take on HID since they can't afford the real things). I can't see s@#t with my lowbeams! Thanks

Hi skperformance,

Your car has 9006 real HID's,sylvania silverstars 9005 for high beams. Do they look different? What is the color temperature for your HID? Is this possible to attach pictures of your car with lights on? Thanks.