Octane Booster

Piranha

find something else to put you money on,

like dinner and a movie and a date.

steviej

try searching "consumer reports" for this stuff. I'm sure they have looked into it.

Also, remember this, if it was THAT good, the stores couldn't be able to keep in on the shelves and at least one major gas company would offer a blend with it premixed in.

These ain't happenin.

• 3 years later...

yea i have a 01 es300 and ran premuium when i first got it and now for a few years i have been runing only regular and was wondering if the 104+ octane booster would help it alot.

my friend has a 06 tl and it worked on his car the 104+ his rpms were flying up really quick and the acceleration was faster.

the higher the octane, the lower the energy content, and longer combustion takes place.

you are not knock limited, running high octane than required reduces your mileage, power, money, and increases emssions. you could proably reset your ECU and run perfectly peachy with the best power on 89/90 mid grade (92-93 RON)

the higher the octane, the lower the energy content, and longer combustion takes place.

you are not knock limited, running high octane than required reduces your mileage, power, money, and increases emssions

x2

Octane booster is made for racing applications for vehicles and boats without emission control equipment, including catalytic converters and oxygen sensors. Good quality octane booster is rather expensive. The ratio of octance booster to gas is critical. If your vehicle requires premium octane gasoline, just use it and make other appropriations in your budget. The difference really isn't that bad.

For example today I filled up, 15.748 gallons.

The regular unleaded price was $3.02, which would have been $47.55.

The premium price was $3.25 which totalled me out to $51.18.

That's only a difference of $3.63. So I go with one less pint of Ben and Jerry's or one less latte until the next fillup.

steviej

o ok now i know what u mean.

but i just wanan put the 104+ ocrtane booster in there once just so for 1 tank i have a little bit faster car.

im not gonna use it fro every fill up i just wanna use it once so i was wondering if it would help.

o ok now i know what u mean.

but i just wanan put the 104+ ocrtane booster in there once just so for 1 tank i have a little bit faster car.

im not gonna use it fro every fill up i just wanna use it once so i was wondering if it would help.

you don't need our permission, just go do it then.

after the tank, report what you find out, but have some data like acceleration times before and after, mpg before and after, pre and post dyno information, etc. If you don't have any hard data then you only have what you perceive to be more power or not.

my guess is that you won't notice anything better.

steviej

Octane boosting will help only by controlling any pre-ignition (ie; "pinging") problems. If you don't have any "pinging" then octane booster won't help. Do you have a lot of miles?

There isn't any regulatory guidance on octane boosters, so they can "test" their product how they want. For example some boast a 2% increase in octane...but that is only 2% over what you've got in there. eg; You buy gas with an octane of 70, that booster would bring it up to 71.4 (70 x 2%)...

If you do have pinging and the booster does help, you probably have some "build -up" in the compression chamber (I'm assuming youve done the tune-ups, good air filters, etc..) that's decreased the compression chamber size thus causing the temperature to rise just enough to cause your pre-ignition...