I Just Got Hit In The Back!

VMF

Rush Magazine proved nothing about anything LOL. Dont make me break out my Psychology of s*x and Gender textbooks ;)

No, in actuality 85% of what Rush magazine said in that article was untrue. Men are not more mechanically inclined than women. They deal with aggression in a more forward way that doesn't effect their performance of other tasks (like men, men let aggression build up until it releases at anything and everything, women don't as much across the board, its called "gunnysacking"). Then there's the whole thing about women not liking motorsports, when 55% of Nascar fans are women.

The article is basically total crap ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SW03ES:

I just wanted to say that TODDS article on RUSH MAGAZINE proved what I was saying with the hot wheels and all, men are more into cars so they know more of what the car can handle and so so on..

and yikes I wonder what the pilots were thinking when they saw a car on the runway...   :snoooorrrtttt:

You're right, it is the same thing that you were saying. Is it bad to think like a guy in these days and times? A lot of people try to make you feel ashamed when expressing your beliefs. Especially when they think it may not be "politically correct" where the majority will most likely back them up. Trying to play it safe even though they see the same thing. Why not express your true thoughts in life and learn something from constructive debate? Why not? It's liberating. Who is the regulator anyway? Who decides what's politically correct regardless of the obvious? Did somebody hurt somebody else's feelings because describing the obvious was too raw on their ears (eyes)? God Damn, most of us live in America or some other democracy on this planet! If you can intelligently debate your beliefs in a logical manner, your side of the debate should always be seriously considered by the other side for it's possible validity. That goes both ways of course...

Not this> :chairshot:

Well, what is "thinking like a guy" what exactly does that mean? You say that "the truth is raw to their ears" again, what are you talking about as "the truth"? Basically what you need to understand if you're going to voice an opinion is, yes, have your opinion, but you have to understand that what is true for you, may not in fact be "the truth" and it may not be the truth for the guy sitting next to ya on the train. Yeah, we live in America. However part of living in America is having compassion for that which you don't understand.

I agree that in order to be an active part in a debate you have to be open to the opposing viewpoint being the truth. Thats what got me somewhat irritated in our debate Todd because I didnt think that you were allowing for the possibility that you were wrong.

As for Rush Magazine's article, thats all well and good as long as you realize that its just the same, its just someone else's opinion, its not a truth, and it has no evidence supporting it. Its just typed in a magazine and sold all over the world. Its highly visible opinion ;) What would be interesting is a real double blind scientific study to see if women or men have better reaction time, instincts, accident avoidance skills, attention etc. As far as I know (of course my knowledge of new research is rusty) there isn't a study out there that looks specifically at driving. There are many studies on the types of skills that are important to driving, but none specifically about driving.

Wow this thread has been all over the place huh? :wacko:

Well, what is "thinking like a guy" what exactly does that mean? You say that "the truth is raw to their ears" again, what are you talking about as "the truth"? Basically what you need to understand if you're going to voice an opinion is, yes, have your opinion, but you have to understand that what is true for you, may not in fact be "the truth" and it may not be the truth for the guy sitting next to ya on the train. Yeah, we live in America. However part of living in America is having compassion for that which you don't understand.

I agree that in order to be an active part in a debate you have to be open to the opposing viewpoint being the truth. Thats what got me somewhat irritated in our debate Todd because I didnt think that you were allowing for the possibility that you were wrong.

As for Rush Magazine's article, thats all well and good as long as you realize that its just the same, its just someone else's opinion, its not a truth, and it has no evidence supporting it. Its just typed in a magazine and sold all over the world. Its highly visible opinion ;) What would be interesting is a real double blind scientific study to see if women or men have better reaction time, instincts, accident avoidance skills, attention etc. As far as I know (of course my knowledge of new research is rusty) there isn't a study out there that looks specifically at driving. There are many studies on the types of skills that are important to driving, but none specifically about driving.

Wow this thread has been all over the place huh?   <!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo-->

I was referring to BG and BG only. It has no weight on our exchange of opinions. That is just an example of the 1st amendment that we enjoy in the United States. Too many rules have been set on gender, ethnic groups, religions in the past 20 years where it's really violating some of the beliefs the US was founded on. Mainly freedom of speech when it's used in a constructive manner. Why not get into somebody elses head and see it from their point of view for a few minutes? I think male chauvinists, prejudice people (white, black, brown, etc), feminist, overly religious people (fire and brimstone preachers), and anybody else that thinks they're "group of people" are superior need to go back to school and learn how our world is in modern times (NOW). I believe in realism. I believe in capitalism in every aspect. I believe in caring for one another. blah, blah, blah....

From my own experiences and few others in this community, I STILL believe MOST women can't drive....

well, insurers apparently think women drive better than men do.

I agree with Lexstreme, lets end it on a happy note. I think we've thoroughly hashed through all of the issues lol

• 3 weeks later...

I was the 8th one to reply to this so I guess I am due a follow-up. I wanted to show everyone what $6100. in damage looks like--Just the exhaust system was damaged in amount of $1300.

You could never tell that damage was that much.

Bad thing is that my wife has to have a rod put in her back !!!! [and lawyers get 1/3 !!!]

Oh, the 2003 Lincoln looked terrible !!! guess the attachment will work-haven't done that before on here.

post-4-1062971302.jpg