Help On Options

I just got a job with Toyota and I can get a great deal on a new IS that i can't pass up. I've never owned a vehicle less than 10 years old so even the most basic 250 would make me happy. I would however like a few options and originally had decided on a fully loaded 350 and now am trying to reduce price. I'm currently thinking 350 with Nav, X-package, Premium, and AFS Headlight package but am considering dropping the Premium and Headlight packages to save some money. Does anyone have an IS without the perforated/heated/cooled leather seats or with the factory headlights? Any comments on the factory level seats and lights? Are the seats still a good quality leather? Any regrets?

I've got the standard leather seats and they are just fine, smooth soft and not real shiny leather.

I have halogen headlights and they are ok, but I would have gotten the HID if it had been available separately when I got my car.

X-Package with Moonroof includes:

- Moonroof

- Sport pedals

- 18-in Alloy wheels

- Sport-tuned suspension

- Illuminated scuff plates

- Front air dam

Additional Options:

- Premium Package

- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

- Floor mats, all-weather

$3,041.00

question...how much ofa discount do you get working there...maybe i should hit up a part time job at toyota/lexus.

I have the HID light on my RX and they dont really make a difference compared to the halogens on my IS. They are just as bright...except they just dont turn in the bends. its a gimmick though, you dont necessarily see more around turns unless your in the middle of a forest will sharp bends.

I don't know if I'm supposed to say how much i save. I think you need to be a full time employee though, plus I had to move from NY to TX. Thanks for the info though, I think I'll go without the Premium and without the headlight upgrade.

The HIDs are self leveling, produce a brighter more intense light pattern with a very sharp cut off. For TX weather I would get the perforated seats.

Personally i think u should just get everything for it because u are getting it at an employee discount.

so no matter what u get u still getting it cheaper then most ppl would get it for.

even when u decide to sell it down the line for a new car. added on option gives u a higher trade in or resale value.

I just got a job with Toyota and I can get a great deal on a new IS that i can't pass up. I've never owned a vehicle less than 10 years old so even the most basic 250 would make me happy. I would however like a few options and originally had decided on a fully loaded 350 and now am trying to reduce price. I'm currently thinking 350 with Nav, X-package, Premium, and AFS Headlight package but am considering dropping the Premium and Headlight packages to save some money. Does anyone have an IS without the perforated/heated/cooled leather seats or with the factory headlights? Any comments on the factory level seats and lights? Are the seats still a good quality leather? Any regrets?

Congratulations on your new job! Sounds like you are ready to get busy in TMMTX for the new truck soon...

The regular leather is pretty nice! I really like the Lexus leather. Unlike the American or the European cars that their leather tend to be a bit harder, the Lexus leather is very soft. I mean, it feels like a high end Italian sofa! I don't think the perforated seats are that much difference besides the cooling and heating capabilities. Whatever you choose, you will not regret with Lexus leather. The only thing I am concerning is that regular seats don't come with heaters, so your buttom might not like it in the winter. :-)

I think the Halogen is ok, but of course, you should get the HID, there are many aftermarket companies that make them. You should check on the forum, many people had already talked about it.

My personal pick would be IS 350 w/: rear spoiler, HID, 18" wheels. X-package is not worth it, you don't even get a rear spoiler and the sport tuned suspension is stiff. I mean, it is not super stiff like the EVO but it is stiff by Lexus standard, you might not like it if you plan to keep the car for a while.