2007 Lexus Es-350

finny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Smoky Granite Mica, Ultra Luxury with a rear lip spoiler. MSRP - $44,312

Cost out the door - $39,329

12 weeks ago they offered me 500 off sticker.

They had the car for me within 4 hours after I made my offer.

Northern Virginia

• 2 weeks later...

I just leased a ES350 in NJ. Dealer started me out with a crazy lease number ($622), but after working over a few dealers I got them to give me the best price...I think.

MSRP 41,312. Premium Package Plus. Nav, B/U Camera, HID, Spare, etc

Lease for 36 months zero cap cost. 12k per year. Paying the taxes upfront.

$485 per month.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, assuming he didn't put down an absurd amount of money that is a great deal. I got mine for $665 a month with the service plan. (I am leasing)

I would be surprised to see a huge desparity in prices, barring large down payments and exceedingly long contracts, due to the fact that they are still selling well and Lexus doesn't seem to need to negotiate too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Leased a ul smokey granite mica (absolutely every option except the laser cruise control) in July 2006 for $530 per month with $4,200 down- 3 years/36,000 miles. Waited 7 weeks for one to come from Japan- worth the wait. Discount due to Continental Airlines Employee discount program. Best service/treatment from a dealer I ever had- I love this car more now than when I first got it. Starting to see alot more on the road in New York lately. Doubt I'll be driving anything else but a Lexus from now on- Have owned Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Nissan and Toyota vehicles in the past. Have not had a single passenger who was not truly impressed with all the electronics and gadgets in this car- especially the Navigation/DVD system. :rolleyes:

I bought a Smoky Granite Mica, Ultra Luxury with a rear lip spoiler. MSRP - $44,312

Northern Virginia

Hi Maurie, which dealer did you go to? TIA

Which dealership was it in Northern Virginia? I bought about 4 months ago, then they hardly went below -2K of MSRP

Northern Virginia

• 3 weeks later...

#s dont add up. l Definitely do not include taxes and fees

Sorry, that didn't include tax title and tags. I think it was 40,866 including everything.

There are only two Norther Va. Dealerships and it wasn't the one in Chantilly!

Am in the market for an ES350 Prem plus package with Navigation, MSRP $41612. Have been researching

a couple of dealers in the Washington DC area . What is a good price on the car in this region ? Have read

in some other forums that folks have got $4k below MSRP - dont know whether that holds true in the DC

Metro area. Would appreciate any input from the gurus of DC. Intend to buy, not lease.

Buying vs leasing doesn't matter when it comes to the negotiated price of the car, at least you shouldn't let it matter.

I think $4k off is probably optimistic, but you should get a fairly substantial discount on the car.

Buying vs leasing doesn't matter when it comes to the negotiated price of the car, at least you shouldn't let it matter.

I think $4k off is probably optimistic, but you should get a fairly substantial discount on the car.

Why is 4k "optimistic" in the DC region, when cars are being sold at around invoice in nearby NJ ? Why is the DC metro not competitive ?

They're competitive within the DC metro area. Most people shopping for luxury cars don't shop hundreds of miles away, the markets are very local.

That car is pretty common, I think probably $1,000 over invoice or so is what you'll wind up paying.

1000 over invoice for a 41612 MSRP !! Do you mean the true invoice , which is around 36476 ,

or dealer invoice (which tacks on around $420 for BS fees) ? Would really like to close one out

this w/end, so want to get the whole picture before that.

Also, any thoughts on which dealership is good ? Rockville, Silver Spring ?

$420? You mean the desination charge? They have no choice but to charge that fee. The dealers here don't tack on BS fees.

I mean dealer invoice, including the destination charge. I'd say $38,000 is a fair price for the car in this marketplace, so thats a discount of $3600, so not too far from the $4k figure I guess.

In my experience Rockville is a much better dealer than Silver Spring, ask for Scott.

Well, the true invoice of the car (MSRP 41612) I am looking at is $36476 (and this is inclusive of dest charges) , but dealer inv is around $36894 - the additional $418 probably being Advertising fees, and some other fees local to the region. Dealer reps (as well as Carsdirect.com) acknowledge that such fees are usually added on. Anyway, thanks for all the input - it did help a lot and hopefully I'll be able to get a good bargain with my recently acquired knowledge from the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

I joined the club last night! My first ever car purchase and I'm too damn excited. Got a fully loaded UL package for 39070. Last night I woke up twice and both times, in my half awakened state, I couldn't tell if I had actually purchased the car or if it was a dream. Beautiful car!!! I'm excited!