Es300

Poppi

I have often wondered why LEXUS Corporation had to mess up the ES300 with this dadblasted jerky transmission. I will never forgive myself for letting my wife talk me into buying the 2003 ES300. I have been driving a 2006 rental car, a Ford Taurus ES, and the darn thing drives and rides like a good car should drive and ride. Much smoother and holds the road better than our ES300. The transmission shifts very smoothly and another big plus is the fact it averages 23.5 miles per gallon of gasolene CITY driving. That's not just what the electronic display says, but that's what it averages when I figure it with a calculator after filling up with fuel. That is the average after three full tanks of gasolene.

The electronic display actually shows within one 0.1 the same average miles per gallon as my calculations do. After relying on the electronic display for accuracy, I then checked the following three tankfuls of gasolene and sure enough my calculations were within 0.1 of the electronic display.

I know this will not be allowed to post on this site beings it is an endorsement of a FORD Taurus over a LEXUS ES300.

It woiuld be mighty hard for me to justify paying several thousands of dollars more for another LEXUS ES over a FORD TAURUS ES. Actually FORD has discontinued the TAURUS and there will not be any new available. The TAURUS was replaced with the FORD FUSION. I have no idea how the FUSION will compare with the TAurus.

I never did lilke Taurus's,......thought they looked too ugly and frankly they didn't start off with very good quality.

On the other hand LEXUS had been building ES300's for a number of years and should have all ES300 models shoved up their #@%! for ever putting the blasted thing on the market before correcting the transmission fiasco.

Also the ride is very stiff on the things.

Poppi

I have often wondered why LEXUS Corporation had to mess up the ES300 with this dadblasted jerky transmission. I will never forgive myself for letting my wife talk me into buying the 2003 ES300. I have been driving a 2006 rental car, a Ford Taurus ES, and the darn thing drives and rides like a good car should drive and ride. Much smoother and holds the road better than our ES300. The transmission shifts very smoothly and another big plus is the fact it averages 23.5 miles per gallon of gasolene CITY driving. That's not just what the electronic display says, but that's what it averages when I figure it with a calculator after filling up with fuel. That is the average after three full tanks of gasolene.

The electronic display actually shows within one 0.1 the same average miles per gallon as my calculations do. After relying on the electronic display for accuracy, I then checked the following three tankfuls of gasolene and sure enough my calculations were within 0.1 of the electronic display.

I know this will not be allowed to post on this site beings it is an endorsement of a FORD Taurus over a LEXUS ES300.

It woiuld be mighty hard for me to justify paying several thousands of dollars more for another LEXUS ES over a FORD TAURUS ES. Actually FORD has discontinued the TAURUS and there will not be any new available. The TAURUS was replaced with the FORD FUSION. I have no idea how the FUSION will compare with the TAurus.

I never did lilke Taurus's,......thought they looked too ugly and frankly they didn't start off with very good quality.

On the other hand LEXUS had been building ES300's for a number of years and should have all ES300 models shoved up their #@%! for ever putting the blasted thing on the market before correcting the transmission fiasco.

Also the ride is very stiff on the things.

Poppi

Come on now, don't be shy. Tell us how you really feel :)

First poppi make a better title ,click the "please read in my sig"

As for the car i dislike everything but the air cooled seats in the 330.

The mcv20 was a much better car in looks and drivability for what i like.

The ES350 is a car that makes the 300/330 previous feel like a 4 banger accord. The 330 was slow had a real crappy transmission which is the Canadian version so it drives better than the American one.

In a nutshell, the ES from 2002 - 2006 in Canada (to my knowledge at least & from reading the tranny thread here) does not suffer from the tranny problems that plagued the U.S. 5 speed auto version because of different regulations between us & our friends south of the border. B)

:cheers:

In a nutshell, the ES from 2002 - 2006 in Canada (to my knowledge at least & from reading the tranny thread here) does not suffer from the tranny problems that plagued the U.S. 5 speed auto version because of different regulations between us & our friends south of the border.

34b4e892144a448601b70d870017890b.gif

In a nutshell, the ES from 2002 - 2006 in Canada (to my knowledge at least & from reading the tranny thread here) does not suffer from the tranny problems that plagued the U.S. 5 speed auto version because of different regulations between us & our friends south of the border.

And all these years I thought that Canada was NORTH of the border of the U.S.

Poppi