Carfax History, Theft?

melhadri

This is a response to a post recently closed due to....

I wasn't aware of the policy that someone else couldn't run a car history report for you on a vehicle (odometer, # of accidents...etc) you were thinking about buying. I thought I've seen it done on this site multiple times but could be mistakened? In any case, I just wanted to make it clear that my intentions were not to steal. Thanks for the clarification though.

This is a response to a post recently closed due to....?

Maybe I phrased it wrong, but all I was simply trying to do was have someone run a history report on a vehicle (odometer, # of accidents...etc) I was thinking about buying. I thought I've seen it done on this site multiple times? In any case, I just wanted to make it clear that my intentions were not to steal. Thanks.

I may be wrong :wacko: but if you ask someone for a service they are capable of providing and they agree to complete this service for free there is no theft or intent of theft. :whistles:

Whenever we see anyone trying to do it, we always close the thread. We don't take any disciplinary action against members for this though, people don't know its an issue.

Its not theft against the person that has the Carfax account, its theft against Carfax. Part of the agreement you sign when you get a Carfax account says that it the membership is for personal history reports for the purchaser ONLY.

Whenever we see anyone trying to do it, we always close the thread. We don't take any disciplinary action against members for this though, people don't know its an issue.

Its not theft against the person that has the Carfax account, its theft against Carfax. Part of the agreement you sign when you get a Carfax account says that it the membership is for personal history reports for the purchaser ONLY.

SW, Thanx for clearing that up, :cheers: Learn something new every day ;)

I thought I've seen it done on this site multiple times but could be mistakened?
You probably did see it on this site since we haven't had a full set mods in a while. I always close any of the carfax threads I see as well. ;)

I thought I've seen it done on this site multiple times but could be mistakened?
You probably did see it on this site since we haven't had a full set mods in a while. I always close any of the carfax threads I see as well. ;)

you must have done a pretty good job. I haven't really seen any carfax threads here! :D :cheers:

LOL I've only come across one in the LS forum, they are few and far between.

:whistles: :ph34r::blushing:

LOL I've only come across one in the LS forum, they are few and far between.

:whistles: :ph34r::blushing:
Well, since my tenure in office. LOL I know you were harassed on a regular basis to get carfaxs. I didn't know it was frowned upon either until I looked it up.

:cheers: