Lx 450 To Lx 470 Interior Swap

casanovaff

Even if it will, I highly wouldn't suggest it as it will cost you a LOT of money. Let's take a steering wheel for example. I've heard that i can change my 4Runner steering wheel to a wood grain steering wheel so it will be like my GX. The steering wheel costs $400 though. :o Quite a lot. Plus, i doubt the side panels and seats of a 2nd gen (98-06 LX470) will fit a 1st gen (LX450).

Since there is only minor changes in the vehicle it should be pretty simple with some modifications here and there for and electrical items like aibags.

If you get a written off interior then it would be a nice upgrade.

Hell if you can get one ,take the motor as well and make it a full fledged 470 with a 450 body.

I doubt they'd fit. The LX450 uses recirculating ball (multiple linkage) steering while the LX470 uses a rack & pinion. Also, the 470 is wider, so the stuff like dash panels will not fit. As far as the front seats go, even if the holes did line up, the motors/plugs are likely different. In the 450, the seats wouldn't go back far since there was a motor in the way. On the 470, you don't have that problem. Also, 470 seats from '02 on have side airbags built into the seat. The 470's V8 won't fit w/o mods. I think the oil pan won't clear the front diff. You'd probably have to lift the suspension (not a body lift) for more clearance, or fab a custom hood. Of course, you'd need to weld on new engine mounts, you need the ECU for the V8, transmission, transfer case, and need to fab beams/brackets to hold all of these up. IMHO, it would be a lot cheaper to just buy a used 470. You might try posting this to ih8mud on the 100 series forum since some guys own both LC80's (same as the Lx450) and LC100's/LX470's.

it wouldnt work at all

the sreering wheel fuctions wouldnt work

like bluetooth navigation controls etc

not necessarily. If you change the steering wheel, and get a wheel that has a button for the voice activated for the navi, it really wont matter if it works or not, unless he can somehow put a 04-06 navi into his LX450.

denslex the navigation wouldnt fit because the dash was redesigned for 03+ and is totally diffrent

The nav that went for the 2002 lx470 wouldnt even fit and a lot of customization would need to be done

My advice is to save up for an 04+

denslex the navigation wouldnt fit because the dash was redesigned for 03+ and is totally diffrent

The nav that went for the 2002 lx470 wouldnt even fit and a lot of customization would need to be done

My advice is to save up for an 04+

exactly what i meant. You don't need to worry about the bluetooth navi controls on the wheel if he were to get one. Now only thing i am not sure if you can program it to control the radio......... but highly doubt it. :wacko:

Even if it will, I highly wouldn't suggest it as it will cost you a LOT of money. Let's take a steering wheel for example. I've heard that i can change my 4Runner steering wheel to a wood grain steering wheel so it will be like my GX. The steering wheel costs $400 though. :o Quite a lot. Plus, i doubt the side panels and seats of a 2nd gen (98-06 LX470) will fit a 1st gen (LX450).

Try $2,000+ for a new OEM Lexus wheel.

$2k, that much for a new wheel? well the $400 i quoted is like some shop that sells steering wheels, in San Francisco. Heard some 4Runner owner changed his steering wheel that costed him $400 so he could have a wood grain on the wheel. ;)

• 3 weeks later...