License Plate Mount

Recently purchased 2000 ES300 however vehicle did not come with a front license plate mount/frame. Required in TX. Is this a dealer item only or are there any online sites to purchase from? Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

Cowboyzfan :unsure:

Both back AND front are now required here in CA...used to be only the back plate was sufficient. <_<

My 98 did not come with mounts for the front plate either and I have to get this taken care of soon.

Cowboyzfan: I'm sure any body shop could do the mounting job fairly easily.

FLiP Sp33d: That's a real bummer. Frames are cool!

:)

H8R Proof: Thanks for the suggestion.

FLiP Sp33d: guess frames are a real sign of terrible criminals...NOT!

Really didn't want to get the aftermarket type. Guess Lexus dealer is the way to go.

Thanks again! ;)

When I got this '03 ES in March the dealer put on my old plates with a frame advertising the dealers name. When I brought the car in for service another customer warned me about the frame covering up parts of the plate and I could get a summons for that infraction of the law. He than told me the dealer had a newer type of frame that didn't cover the plate as much, so they gave me the newer type and I put them on. Hopefully the law accepts this new modifcation and if they don't my next post will be from the local prison. :D

When I saw my new car before delivery to me it didn't have the holes drilled for a front license plate. The dealer put on a front bracket for the front plate. From the looks of things it was no big deal. ;)

When I got this '03 ES in March the dealer put on my old plates with a frame advertising the dealers name. 

Before the ink is barely dry on the contracts for the cars I've purchased, I take those dealers plate frames OFF.

I'm not about to provide the dealer with years of free advertising.

No way!

I know thousands of people do, maybe to them it's "just a frame", but I refuse to do it.

Just my .02 :whistles:

buy the bracket from the dealer

it is going to be made to fit the lines of the car

i am not sure how much it is though

also it will require drilling the bumper

i have a dealer frame ,even though my car isn't from them

i just like the way it covers the edges nicely in black

and also helps to block the highway cameras form seeing my rear plate properly

since it is a personal plate the L's look like I , so i usually don't get billed

the 407 highway goes around Toronto

and is noth america's first electronic toll highway

it uses cameras to take pics of the rear plate

if the car does not have a transponder

in it

my front bumper got clipped a while ago and i ran for about 3 years with no front plate

got pulled over once

and told the cop it "just got hit off"

it is in my trunk what do you want me to do stick it on with bubble gum?

the little scratch from the screw and the cracked plate frame made it belivable

In Connecticut both front and rear plates are required. On previous ES 300's I just had the front plate on without any holder. Many time when I walked in front of the car after it was parked in the garage I would catch my leg on the corner of the plate. Results--torn pants on occasion and a bent license plate.

When I got my new car this July, I purchased an inexpensive plain black metal holder from WalMart and put in on the front. Voila! Looks great (especially after I rubber malleted the license plate flat again) and no more catching my pants.

Lexus does sell plate covers for $35. They looked ok but too pricey. I prefer the understated look. LOL

Take care all,

Mike :)