Do Spoilers Bring The Value Of The Car Down?

according to www.kbb.com, my car as it is today (amenities, mileage, location, condition, etc) fetched a private party resale value of $580 more with the spoiler and a trade in value $500 more with the spoiler. Agreed, you won't get back what you put in.

I like Alan, put it on cause I like the way it makes my ES look, and that is all that is important.

steviej

Very intresting steviej. Too bad the dealers won't (usually) give anymore on a trade though. Same goes for most mods like tint, wheels/tires or stereo systems etc.

BTW, your Red Sox are doing great so far!! :D Damn Jays are 3 & 10 and have yet to win at home yet!!! :cries: So far, the yanks look average at best!

:cheers:

they might if you walked in with the kbb printout. I did that when I bought the ES. They were going to give me $2000 for my SSEi. When I showed them the kbb printout, they recalculated with $3125 (value from kbb) as the trade-in value. It may also be dependent on how bad dealers what to move stock and weather or not Mercury is in retrograde (j/k).

steviej

Hey NeiLtYmE, where did you get that spoiler? What brand and how much? (if you don't mind me asking). I have a 96 ES 300 that is going to my son in a year when he gets his license. Of course he wants to "hook it up"...to each his own. ;) But I would much rather see your type of spiler on it than one of those 4ft tall stainless steel spoilers that you see on all of the honda's out there. If you would rather reply personally, my email is pwm72@comcast.net.

Thanks

Paul