Waxing

It's not that hard just for a common wax job.

Just get some good wax. I like Mcguiar's Gold Class.

Wash the car and dry it well.

Park inside or in the shade.

With the Mcquair's Gold you can put a thin coat of wax on the entire car, use the pad that comes with it. Use a rotating motion to apply.

Wait till the wax dries, maybe 30 minutes to an hour.

Then take clean white terry towells and remove the wax.

Then take another clean towell and just lightly wipe the car down, and you're alll done.

Or if you want more, wait a couple days and apply another coat.

Other waxes you take off while still wet. Just follow the directions on the one you get.

You should be able to do the whole job with one or two hours of total working time.

I agree that it's an all day or two day job to do it right. If the car hasn't been waxed in awhile and you put it Gold Classic over the entire car, and wait awhile, you will have your work cut. out. First it's very important to clean the paint prior to putting any wax on. I use Maquire's #1 Paint Cleaner, but there are many other good products. If you put the wax on without cleaning the paint, you will trap dirt and oxidation under the wax. I used Gold Classic for two years and I really liked it. One great shine. Only lasts a month or so, which wasn't a problem because I wax it every month anyway. This spring I started using Collinite 845 Insulator wax and have since given my Gold Classic to my neighbor who isn't as picky as I am.

Meguiars Gold Class is okay, but there are plenty of better waxes out there. Wont be long and we'll have access to GREAT detailing products at great prices right here at LOC.

If you want the job to be a lot easier you need a Porter Cable orbital polisher, it'll cost you around $160 with pads. If you want a great quick wax job by hand, I reccomend P21s/S100 wax, easiest on and off wax out there.