Sunvisor "buttons"?

rob5

Just purchased a 2002 RX300.

Can anyone tell me what the tiny "buttons" on the driver's side sunvisor are for?

When they are pressed nothing seems to happen.

As I haven’t got a manual yet to find out what the buttons do, I am hoping someone in the

forum can help me.

Thanks.

omg homelink is sooooo hard to figure out, even with the manual. I finally got it in both of my cars but even the dealer volunteered to come over to my house to do it for me when i first got the car; they must know its a real pain. i dont know if the sequence has changed but i can give you the directions from an rx330 manual if youd like

Don't worry, I think I found it on epinions.com

It could be a garage door opener.

Just purchased a 2002 RX300.

Can anyone tell me what the tiny "buttons" on the driver's side sunvisor are for?

When they are pressed nothing seems to happen.

As I haven’t got a manual yet to find out what the buttons do, I am hoping someone in the

forum can help me.

Thanks.

The buttons are the homelink transmitter.

Get a free owners manual by registering at www.lexus.com

To program you need to hold the button you want to program until it changes its blinking pattern then press and hold the transmitter button until it changes again.

It is more complicated if you have a rolling code garage door opener.

Thank you so much.

I think I'll just stick to the regular remote for my garage door opener as I have the rolling code.

Also thanks for the info about getting the manual by registering at Lexus. Wow!

To program you need to hold the button you want to program until it changes its blinking pattern then press and hold the transmitter button until it changes again.

Thank you so much.

I think I'll just stick to the regular remote for my garage door opener as I have the rolling code.

Also thanks for the info about getting the manual by registering at Lexus. Wow!

FYI, The buttons/transmitter are compatible with rolling code. I have rolling code at my house.

I have rolling codes also and it was very easy if you follow the directions. Go for it. It also transmits farther than me clip on one does, I can open the door from a block away.

Jeff

I have rolling codes also and it was very easy if you follow the directions. Go for it. It also transmits farther than me clip on one does, I can open the door from a block away.

Jeff

wow that's impressive... ours barely works from 10-15 feet away... it might having something to do with the fact we live at the bottom of a hill and our driveway is steep.