Quarter Mile?

People are hitting 13.8 to 14 in stock 350's

14 flat? And is 13.8 the lowest? What about taking out all the mats and extra tire?

Yeah the guy did take out the stuff from the trunk. Actually 14 seems to be a respectable time. I've seen the time slips and that's what people are getting.

So would this mess up the car at all, and if so how badly?

This is how my friend was trying to tell me to drag race to get better times: while the people in front of you are lining up at the light, put left foot on the brake and floor it(with traction control off) until you get the tires to smoke

and then when you are at the light, left foot on brake and give it gas with the right just enough to the point it wants to move

and then floor it and release break on the green

and u will pull great times

tires get hot...they get sticky

and you laucnh off the line with more power

How bad is this for the tires and any other parts of the car? And would it REALLY improve times THAT much? Thanks for the advice

I mean couldn't I just floor is with the power button on? Oh yea and just to make it clear this would be on a track and not on the street.

This is how my friend was trying to tell me to drag race to get better times: while the people in front of you are lining up at the light, put left foot on the brake and floor it(with traction control off) until you get the tires to smoke

and then when you are at the light, left foot on brake and give it gas with the right just enough to the point it wants to move

How bad is this for the tires and any other parts of the car? And would it REALLY improve times THAT much? Thanks for the advice

I mean couldn't I just floor is with the power button on? Oh yea and just to make it clear this would be on a track and not on the street.

That's pretty much SOP. Doing a little burnout also cleans the tires. However all of those things are going to cause extra wear and tear on all the parts involved. It comes down to how many times you're going to do it. If you haven't raced before, you ought to practice those launches in an open parking lot. Racing the car a few times probably won't cause undue wear. Doing it every weekend will sooner or later make junk out of it.

That's pretty much SOP. Doing a little burnout also cleans the tires. However all of those things are going to cause extra wear and tear on all the parts involved. It comes down to how many times you're going to do it. If you haven't raced before, you ought to practice those launches in an open parking lot. Racing the car a few times probably won't cause undue wear. Doing it every weekend will sooner or later make junk out of it.

What is SOP? :unsure:

Standard Operating Procedure.

Standard Operating Procedure.

Junk indeed, it will start costing you money pretty quick.

Also, if you decide to run down the strip, don't wait until the light is green to mash the gas. Do it at the last yellow light or you'll get a bad RT (reaction time) which will increase the quater time.

If your running regular street tires DO NOT do a burnout and drive around the water.You will get no advantage you will just burn up your tires and wear out your brakes.If you leave on the green you lose.I know when I drove the IS350 before they were released everyone from the Dealership said "man it's a rocketship".I was like yea it runs ok.I have a 5.0 Mustang that can kill it so 13.8 sounds right.