5000 Mile Service.. Scary Experience...

Just got my IS back from the 5000 Mile Service... It was right at 4,950 miles... When I brought it in... I asked if they could check the front parking assist for me.. I told them it takes me nearly a 1/2 of inch each away from a object before it goes off... The rear works great!

An hour and a half later... They said I was all set... The they told me thatg the Tech checked out the Parking assist and it was "working properly"... hmmm I said I have to see this first... they told me I could make an appointment and they could do further test... this tells me they didn't even look at it... but no biggie.. I was late... and I got to my appointment late.. soo oh well.. Then I get in my car... start it up.. the light comes on telling me that I need to change my oil soon.. Ok.. I was thinking maybe it resets after a mile!?? But before I pulled away.... I gave them a quick call... and before you know it.. I had a tech resetting it for me... Ok.. no biggie... things happen ...

Well today I've been noticing a weird noise almost screeching noise coming from the front when I turn pretty sharp... it started to bother me.... Then I find the issue... When they rotated the tires... they took the fronts and put them on the rears... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???

Sum it all up...

5000 Miles Service

Issues

1- Didn't look at the Parking Assist...

2- Didn't reset the reminder light

3- Rotated the tires so now the front are 255s and the rears are 225s...

Who do they hire to work on these cars!???

Suppose to head out at 2am for New Jersey and then on to Maryland this weekend.... with screwed up tires.... GRRRRRrrrrrrrr

Good grief. That's the third story I've heard about them rotating the tires on 2nd gen IS. They have to have had some experience and training on that by now. Even a moron ought to notice the difference in size of those tires. :chairshot:

I'm probably the lucky one. I called up to see about 5000 mile service and told the guy that I had already changed the oil. He said that's all they would do anyway so I was good to go. Maybe I'll take it in at 12 months and maybe I won't.

lol i didnt know they had different tires for the front and the rear. Most cars arent like that i think, they get confused.

It's a staggered setup with bigger tires in the back. But since the cars have been out since last October, the techs ought to know that by now.

Let me guess....

Did this take place at Lexus of Northborough???

I'm starting to despise that dealership.

Nothing but a bunch of inexperienced monkeys working over there.

Sorry, do I sound bitter? :whistles:

whats the point of a rotation then? just switching sides?

No point at all as far as I can tell. I don't plan to rotate and I don't think the shop should either. Since the tires are directional you'd have to dismount them to even switch sides.

Wait they roatate the tires on the 5,000 mile service? And they forgot to reset the next oil change counter on mine to ;) but the tech did it for me right away, and even showed me how to do it!!!!

On non staggered setup cars they rotate every 5000 miles.

Wait they roatate the tires on the 5,000 mile service? And they forgot to reset the next oil change counter on mine to ;) but the tech did it for me right away, and even showed me how to do it!!!!

On non staggered setup cars they rotate every 5000 miles.

O ok, so then you don't really need to do that on the IS, correct?

I'd take it back immediately, before you leave to go out of town.

Ugh, all dealers aren't created equal...

*First* Let apologize for the spelling and grammar on the original post.... wow... talking about screwed up!!! lol not saying its usually great... but its not usually that bad...

I was at the dealership first thing this morning... they fixed the tires... then pointed out to me how the front parking assist only had sensors on the corners.... not the front.... grrrrrrrrrrr so that explains why it never works on walls or cars in front of me..... I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of front assist if it doesn't help in the front at all... hmmm

anyway.. the manager said they are going to have a talk with the tech that did my service... and they filled my tank up for me...

Its not Northbourgh... I hate them with a passion from the way I was treated when I first went looking for an IS.... I will never go back... Yes its close... but Balise in Springfield has been great... the service was scary... but from the moment I told them about the tires... they knew it was a screw up... and didnt try to point fingers... even offered to give me a loaner for my trip if I didn't have 30 mins to wait....

Sooo everything is all set! :) could have been better... but it could have been a lot worst.... overall... I'm satisfied...

Yeah, I dont see any use for them except on the corners in the front, if you drive a car on the road you should be able to tell when you're about to bump something in front of you.

Glad they fixed it!

Glad to see they fixed the tires.

I've also heard that Lexus is good with filling tanks or offering gas cards if customers are not happy with the service visit.

Balise in Springfield is the dealership I will be visiting next as well.

I'm done with Northborough....and the monkeys who work there. ;)

I've also heard that Lexus is good with filling tanks or offering gas cards if customers are not happy with the service visit.

Yea, they filled the tank....but I bet they didn't use PREMIUM as recommended by Lexus.

Yea, they filled the tank....but I bet they didn't use PREMIUM as recommended by Lexus.

I'd also check the torque on the lug nuts.

If they're not bright enough to see the tire difference from front to back, I wonder if they know what a torque wrench is. :o